• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Iphone friends?

There are two iPhones in my house, and my iPod touch. Gotta say, if you're really into music and whatnot, the iPhone wins hands down. Other than that, they're pretty much equal. The iPhone can do some things the Droid can't do, and the Droid can do a few things the iPhone can't do. As long as the user is happy with their respective phones it really doesn't matter. All of my iPhone using friends think the Droid is pretty cool. Hell even my CrackBerry using friends think it's pretty cool, and they don't like anything unless it's made by RIM.....

Upvote 0
I have two categories of iPhone friends:

Category 1: Geeks. They like technology and appreciate advances in hardware/ software. At the very least, they admire Android as an OS and respect the Droid for it's advances in hardware technology. Some are considering changing over while others will stay with what they have. With some, there is a friendly rivalry to test the capacity and capabilities of each phone. They gloat when their phones win but give due credit when they don't.

Category 2: Apple/ iPhone fanboys. These people are annoying as hell with respect to the reasoning behind their choices in computers and phones. They take any opportunity they can to point out their superior choices in hardware. When another peice of technology either does something that their technology cannot do or will do something better than does their technology, they don't accept it as a step forward in innovation and capability. Instead, they see it as an affront to their own intelligence and rebuttal of their smug sense of superiority.

In essence, those in Category 2 are butthurt. :p

Upvote 0
I am part of a off road club. 4 of the members are at&t employees all have iphones. 3 other members are iphone owners. I showed up to a meeting and Shorty after I got there I got a text from the wife. So my phone announced itself to the club...droooiiid!......Instantly they all looked at me and it turned into a knock on the Droid, and defend our horribly service night. One even commented on he map commercial and how its all lies. So someone later wanted to see a video on YouTube for something. Not one of them had enough of a signal. To get it to even load. I had mine playing. They all crowded around me....and I started to here wows....

Upvote 0
I am part of a off road club. 4 of the members are at&t employees all have iphones. 3 other members are iphone owners. I showed up to a meeting and Shorty after I got there I got a text from the wife. So my phone announced itself to the club...droooiiid!......Instantly they all looked at me and it turned into a knock on the Droid, and defend our horribly service night. One even commented on he map commercial and how its all lies. So someone later wanted to see a video on YouTube for something. Not one of them had enough of a signal. To get it to even load. I had mine playing. They all crowded around me....and I started to here wows....
wow thats awsome right there. i love flipping my youtube into HQ mode anywhere ( cause i always have 3g) and blowing the iphone away with screen quality. maybe you should challenge your iphone friends a video playoff, that is if they can get enough service to keep up lol.

Upvote 0
All of my iPhone friends(and non-iphone friends) are freaking out over my phone saying that they want it and passing it around during school except my one apple friend who I asked if he could review my new phone on his blog...

Me: Hey [name] I got a new phone! Will you review it on your blog?
Him: Yeah, what kinda phone?
Me: The DROID!
Him: -.- *walks away*

Upvote 0
My friend with an iPhone keeps telling me that no one will develop for android because they all use different hardware, but the iPhone is a closed system so every developer knows their software will work. I just say. ..kinda like the PC which no one develops for and the Mac that has 90% market share?

That's a very poor argument on your part. PC developers develop for Windows and Linux and the difference is, there aren't 4 different versions of each operating system coming out within 1-2 years, it was a gradual process which made it easy to develop for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones