• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Iphone friends?

black743

Nov 26, 2009
Do you find that your friends who own an iphone are giving you grief and always trying to say "anything yours will do mine will do better". I make a comment that I like how I can check football scores, go back to home screen, sleep the phone and yet when I go back to the browser its still on the page I left it....the response "my iphone will do that". I've even been told that "my iphone will do multiple apps too..." and I know that's false.

What gives? Why so defensive?

Do you find that your friends who own an iphone are giving you grief and always trying to say "anything yours will do mine will do better". I make a comment that I like how I can check football scores, go back to home screen, sleep the phone and yet when I go back to the browser its still on the page I left it....the response "my iphone will do that". I've even been told that "my iphone will do multiple apps too..." and I know that's false.

What gives? Why so defensive?

i remember reading about an ap for them called 'multifl0w'. provides basic multitasking for jailbroken iphones.

Multifl0w Helps Your iPhone Multitask

this page has a vid on it:
Multiflow

Upvote 0
I have one that is hung up on the *only* thing the iPhone does better which is voice and data at the same time. I then ask how he likes Pandora which responds "love it!". Then I ask him what happens when he wants to surf the net while listening to Pandora. The line goes silent :) I reply, yeah, silence is exactly what you get when you try to do that, hey? I say "DroidDOES" and the topic changes :)

Upvote 0
All of my friends who own iPhones are very defensive because they realize that the droid is just as good and in alot of cases better than the iphone... I just laugh when i get a notification with the DRRROOOIIIDDD ringtone and everyone with an iphone gets p.o.'d and say that the droid is full of itself. It's awesome having this phone I love it

Upvote 0
I have one that is hung up on the *only* thing the iPhone does better which is voice and data at the same time. I then ask how he likes Pandora which responds "love it!". Then I ask him what happens when he wants to surf the net while listening to Pandora. The line goes silent :) I reply, yeah, silence is exactly what you get when you try to do that, hey? I say "DroidDOES" and the topic changes :)

Why is it that they can't?

Upvote 0
All my iPhone friends say the phone is great and really like where Android is going - :)

me too, i like the iphone, its obviously an awesome phone. i think the Droid is awesome too, and im my opinion possibly better since it has Google behind it.

i 'Bump' my friends with iphones, i think the technology of that app is crazy. and i like how it works cross-platforms. lets hope more apps catch on to this.

Upvote 0
It's not a problem for me because I think there's about a handful of cities (in 2 small bubbles) in all of Idaho that have 3g coverage with AT&T.

So when they say theirs is better...remind them that in a HUGE portion of the US, the iPhone can't do anything other than act as a phone and mp3 player...and it's still on AT&T's EDGE network so the phone isn't very good.

Upvote 0
How funny that I came across this post. Last night me and some friends were at Denny's(restaurant) after hitting a couple of bars that night and were sitting and my phone goes droid got a text one while one of my friends was using my phone the funny part is that the friend using my phone has had an iphone or so long but it is now an ipod touch because he can no longer pay for service.

Than the quickly the conversation went from talking about the phones to debating about who's better ATT or Verizon.

Upvote 0
me too, i like the iphone, its obviously an awesome phone. i think the Droid is awesome too, and im my opinion possibly better since it has Google behind it.

i 'Bump' my friends with iphones, i think the technology of that app is crazy. and i like how it works cross-platforms. lets hope more apps catch on to this.

yes bump is the shizzz, when i got the mytouch 3g i used bump to transfer all my contacts and photos from my previous iphone 3gs to my surrent phone

Upvote 0
All of my friends who own iPhones are very defensive because they realize that the droid is just as good and in alot of cases better than the iphone... I just laugh when i get a notification with the DRRROOOIIIDDD ringtone and everyone with an iphone gets p.o.'d and say that the droid is full of itself. It's awesome having this phone I love it

I have an "I-phone sux" in the robot voice ringtone, they love it!

Upvote 0
:D just woke up to a MMS from a Jailbroke IphoneFanboy "Droid Sucks" then a single picture of a Droid. WTF its like let it go already, you have one thing you can do that we can't thats it...

We can if we are on WiFi. :D But yea, it's not even I feature I notice I'm missing. But if it's a must-have for someone, then they need to stay off CDMA networks. Move to Germany & get the Milestone. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones