1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Your Mobileplan

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Speediq, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

Hello,

Whoch mobileplan do you actually use?

I am using Voxi and I am happy with it

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Never heard of "Voxi"

I'm with China Unicom, 99yuan/month, 20GB data, unlimited calls and SMS.

MrJavi likes this.
  3. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

4. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

Brilliant Speed

Attached Files:

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

My carrier (EE) is offering me an unlimited 5G plan for a couple of quid per month less than that, so I'm not convinced the Voxi tariff is particularly outstanding.

Anyway my current plan costs me half that and includes more data than I ever use, so that makes more sense for me.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

Wich plan do you have?

Is there a Cap when you are abroad in Denmark or Germany?

7. Hadron

VIP Member

I'm just on an ordinary EE SIM-only plan. Not one of the current ones, but they change constantly anyway (for which reason I occasionally check what's on offer when I'm out of contract, as I am now, since sooner or later I come across a promotion which offers more than I currently have for less money).

The cap when in Germany or Denmark is the same as it would be in the UK. But as I've noted previously, I wouldn't try to live there permanently on it because I've read the EU-wide rules of the EU roaming agreement and have no reason to believe they'd make an exception for me. But as I'm UK-based but (under normal circumstances) a regular visitor to a number of EU countries, that isn't one of my requirements, the regular EU+EEA roaming deal for visitors meets my needs fine. Most of my travel is to laboratories or universities, so I generally have WiFi available anyway (I'm always amused that Geneva Airport is an Eduroam site these days).

#7 Hadron, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    MrJavi likes this.
  8. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

Ok and how much Data do you usually use?

9. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

I really enjoy everything in Germany the fast Speed the service and the Thing that it is really unlimited

10. Hadron

VIP Member

Just a few GB. Unless you don't have WiFi or are prone to streaming video when on the move I find it hard to use more.

So my tariff already includes a lot more than I actually use.

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That sounds about right for UK. So what would you he paying for data and calls if you travelled outside of the UK and EU, like if you went to a country in Asia?

I told you what China Unicom charges me, but I was paying the same 99 yuan when I was in the UK, Ireland, and Holland back in January.

Of course due to Covid, international travel is not really an option for me at the moment.

MrJavi likes this.
  12. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

More but I dont go often to Asia.

I can use my.data in Monaco San Marino and Switzerland too

13. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, even going round Europe these days, could find yourself with closed borders, or facing 14 days quarantine. But usually I travel twice a year between China, and UK, EU.

MrJavi likes this.
  14. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

OK and which Network do you get in Germany France and Holland?

Whitch mobileoperator?

15. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Well I've not been to those countries in over 20 years. But in UK and Ireland, Unicom's roaming partner is Vodafone, and in Moscow for an airport stopover, it was Beeline. Also been using my phone in the UAE, and Thailand last year.

MrJavi likes this.
  16. Speediq

Speediq Newbie

17. Hadron

VIP Member

I roam frequently (or did pre-covid), and when roaming I find I often change networks anyway (if you step out of coverage of one it will connect to another). My single commonest destination is at the very North end of Genève, where I frequently switch between Swiss and French networks, but even when far from any border (e.g. Heidelberg) it's common to find my network changing through the day.

Hence I don't really pay attention to what network I'm on. As long as I have a connection it makes no real difference to me.

MrJavi likes this.
  18. Speediq

Speediq Newbie