• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Mobileplan

Brilliant Speed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200814_091453.png
    Screenshot_20200814_091453.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
I'm just on an ordinary EE SIM-only plan. Not one of the current ones, but they change constantly anyway (for which reason I occasionally check what's on offer when I'm out of contract, as I am now, since sooner or later I come across a promotion which offers more than I currently have for less money).

The cap when in Germany or Denmark is the same as it would be in the UK. But as I've noted previously, I wouldn't try to live there permanently on it because I've read the EU-wide rules of the EU roaming agreement and have no reason to believe they'd make an exception for me. But as I'm UK-based but (under normal circumstances) a regular visitor to a number of EU countries, that isn't one of my requirements, the regular EU+EEA roaming deal for visitors meets my needs fine. Most of my travel is to laboratories or universities, so I generally have WiFi available anyway (I'm always amused that Geneva Airport is an Eduroam site these days).

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Ok here you can see

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

I have the unlimited everythingplan so I can enjoy 5G too for 272,16 Yuan :)

That sounds about right for UK. So what would you he paying for data and calls if you travelled outside of the UK and EU, like if you went to a country in Asia?

I told you what China Unicom charges me, but I was paying the same 99 yuan when I was in the UK, Ireland, and Holland back in January.

Of course due to Covid, international travel is not really an option for me at the moment.

Upvote 0
OK and which Network do you get in Germany France and Holland?

Whitch mobileoperator?

Well I've not been to those countries in over 20 years. But in UK and Ireland, Unicom's roaming partner is Vodafone, and in Moscow for an airport stopover, it was Beeline. Also been using my phone in the UAE, and Thailand last year.

Upvote 0
I roam frequently (or did pre-covid), and when roaming I find I often change networks anyway (if you step out of coverage of one it will connect to another). My single commonest destination is at the very North end of Genève, where I frequently switch between Swiss and French networks, but even when far from any border (e.g. Heidelberg) it's common to find my network changing through the day.

Hence I don't really pay attention to what network I'm on. As long as I have a connection it makes no real difference to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones