1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Your opinion is needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mzstaingang, Feb 6, 2011.

1. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

Ok I need help deciding what I should do. I'm wondering should I buy the huawei ascend or wait til the newer phones come out 4 cricket. I know the ascend has been out 4 a while and I don't want to get if everybody just going to get the newer phones I love this forum I don't wanna be left behind.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. P1zz4guy

P1zz4guy Well-Known Member

Buy a blackberry...

KOLIO likes this.
  3. Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust Lurker

I just got my Ascend the other day and plan on keeping it for a while (at least six months). I did see the specs on the new Huawei phones and if one comes to Cricket I'll prolly upgrade eventually. I had a Zio and it blew so I need to stick with this one for a while to get my money's worth. I don't think you'll be alone.

4. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

I do not think Cricket will get any new phones till they go to 4g..And I have no clue when that will be.

I plan on sticking with the Ascend until then, because I heard the flagship phone for Cricket when they go 4g will be the EVO.

5. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

The Ascend is a good buy right now. Its going to get 2.2 soon and its already a descent phone on 2.1 now when Cricket upgrades to 4G i know i'll step my game up and go with thier flagship, but for a nice descent while i'm going to rock my Ascend. Its definitely a steal of a deal, worth its money and more!!!

(my Favorite Android phone out of the HTC Hero, Behold II and Zio, i love the Ascend that much)

KOLIO likes this.
  6. CRUMBsnatcher

CRUMBsnatcher Well-Known Member

Gmash likes this.
  7. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

Copping the Tablet thats for sure!!

8. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast

I'd wait for newer phones but they may not launch until the 4G network is ready. If they come out before that then your going to be wishing you had a phone compatible with the 4G network.

9. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Only you can make that decision. It all comes down to exactly what you want and need out of a phone. Read everything in these forums. Read online reviews and more importantly, read the COMMENTS after those reviews. See what the actual owners think. Go to the store and compare the Ascend with whatever other phone you may be thinking of getting. If you simply settle now, you'll be unhappy later.

Good things come to those who wait, as I believe the saying goes, so if the Ascend is not exactly what you want, then wait. Otherwise, if it is more than enough for your needs, then go out and get it!

KOLIO likes this.
  10. Mindbenda84

Mindbenda84 Well-Known Member

I say go with the ascend, because with the right apps it's EPIC! That and well, I never did like the EVO but in the end it is your decision.

11. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

I am pretty happy with this phone. I will replace it though if they do not proceed with the froyo update. I am giving them until June. After that I'll upgrade. This phone is decent for an Android if you do not expect fancy whistles and such. It's a great "Foot in the door" android.

12. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Exactly. Perfect description.

13. TerrorMom

TerrorMom Lurker

I just got mine yesterday knowing full well that I will be upgrading ASAP, after then, my husband and son can fight for the ascend. So far I'm liking it now that I know how to make a phone call lol.

14. TazZDroiD

TazZDroiD Member

I got my Ascend from Metro the day they got them, and LOVE IT so far. (Coming from a BlackBerry). I was a bit against it at first, and after a couple days of getting used to a new style of phone, I am glad I switched. Yes, it's not the best of the best, but for the money, I will not complain, and I even had the pleasure of paying the full price instead of waiting 2 weeks...

I say go for it

15. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

Thanks all i got it 2 dat yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

16. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

I suggest everyone click on the above link. There is a lot of good information on there. I guess I never noticed it was a link before for some reason. Thanks, crumbsnatcher!

17. chefster74

chefster74 Member

I got an email offer saying the 860 is on sale now for $109. Honestly for the price of it all I think it's well worth it, which means putting up with some pesky problems.

18. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast

It's like any tech. It has it's pluses and minuses. I've been real impressed with it. But It's slow. I got the new Samsung Indulge today(!). It is awesome! A 1gz processer makes it blazing fast. 4g makes the internet blazing. So it's all around an awesome step up. To those who've said 399.00 is too much I say....It's like night and day! Worth every single penny.

But the Ascend is a nice piece of work. On wifi, it's great. If you're actually getting 3g it's probably pretty good too. It does video pretty well. My daughter is certainly very happy to get my sloppy seconds LOL.
    And I can't root the Induge yet either.