1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Your opinion Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sinclac, Sep 17, 2011.

1. sinclac

sinclac Member
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Building Maintenance
    Sacramento, Ca
    I have a Charge and it's a nice phone but i just don't care for it much in general, i have a guy that wants to trade a Thunder Bolt for it.

What flaws should i look for with the Tbolt?

Chuck

Advertisement

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    I don't understand what you mean "look for on TB" You mean possible flaws? The one major thing people have complained about is the battery life. The reboot issues were solved with the most recent OTA update.

I still believe the TB is the best phone available and I largely believe this because there's no phone available right now that I'm jealous I don't own.

The TB is an amazing phone. Once rooted it's a pure beast. I would take that trade all day long if I were you

3. sinclac

sinclac Member
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Building Maintenance
    Sacramento, Ca
    Just fixed my post for better understanding.
    battery life i am aware of, Thanks for your input it's much appreciated.

Chuck

4. Buddha64

Buddha64 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    DB-0855-03 Aviation Electronics Engineer
    Redstone Arsenal, AL
    I've had none.

5. xeno2011

xeno2011 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    I'd ask the guy you are trading with what flaws it has. Every TB tends to have it's own quirks, but not major flaws. If it does have major flaws, then something's not right with the phone.

6. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Ask him if he's traded the phone out under warranty. The refurbed phones have front screens that weren't installed correctly. The outer trim piece should stick out past the screen to avoid the screen making contact when the phone is used in Speaker phone mode.

7. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee

You're sure that's true about all refurbished thunderbolts?

8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

I'm sure it's true in 4 out of 5 refurbs I've received, yes.

9. nohsp4u

nohsp4u Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Question for all,

I have a TB and, it restarts 1-5 times a day. it also likes to just plain shut off. I have factory reset, and replaced the phone. Verizon is as much help as a hemroid to a trucker so i need help.

I assume the Gingerbread update will fix the world but, being Verizon cares less about their customers, they are no help in getting this update to me.

I run a part time small business and this thing is costing me Hundreds in lost work.

Now, doing a little diagnostics myself i have come up with one possibility. i have all apps set to auto update, i figure maybe when they update the TB goes stupid and like Windows BSOD this thing freaks out and restarts. Not sure but worth a shot.

I need help in resetting all apps to manual update. Anyone know how this can be done without deleting and reinstalling one at a time?

Someone explain what is Rooting and what are the +- of doing it? do you have no know alot about it to do it?

I hope i can get help from my TB family. TIA

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

Software update should've fixed the rebooting issue. Go into your settings and check for an update. Also, there's a lot of documentation on the reboots, try the search feature, and we also have a "root" section that has quite a few helpful tips and tricks on rooting. The plus of rooting = more control of your phone, the minus = possibly bricking your phone. If you are a little apprehensive about rooting it, post in the Rooting section and see if there's someone in your area that will do it for a small fee.

Good luck.