• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your phone is up to date??

HTC EVO / YOUR PHONE IS UP TO DATE there are no updates available for

your phone

:thinking:im getting the same message every time and to update manually it says

E:Can't open/cache/recovery
E:failed to open/sdcard/update.zip(No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted:thinking:
my os is 2.1 egclayr not froyo 2.2

Upvote 0
I've never seen the offical OTA update. I have the unoffical that I installed a few days after that was released but i've been checking and rechecking using all the methods i've seen on here from other people and I still don't see it nor have I got a notification that it was available for download.

If you updated with the unofficial Froyo, you won't see the official Froyo update. HTC is working on a patch or something for those who went with the unofficial update, but it hasn't been put out yet.

Upvote 0
I tried to manually update with the OTA update on Tuesday and it said that I was up to date. What I did:

Go to HTC software update and uncheck the "scheduled check" box. Back out, then go back to HTC software update and click "check now" at the bottom, without rechecking the "scheduled check" box. When I did this, it found 2.2 Froyo and took me through the updating steps.

It is likely that it was all a fluke, but it worked for me and another acquaintance and, being so easy to do, it is worth a shot.

Upvote 0
I just got my EVO today (finally! yay!) and earlier it asked me if I wanted to update, I chose to not update at that time, I just went in and tried to go ahead with the update and it says there is no update?.... weird!

Congrats on the new EVO. First, try updating your PRL and seeing if that picks it up. If that doesn't work...and you have wifi available, try connected to a wifi router and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
I tried to manually update with the OTA update on Tuesday and it said that I was up to date. What I did:

Go to HTC software update and uncheck the "scheduled check" box. Back out, then go back to HTC software update and click "check now" at the bottom, without rechecking the "scheduled check" box. When I did this, it found 2.2 Froyo and took me through the updating steps.

This worked for me as well.

Upvote 0
Pojoman vs. HTC - The race of the "delayed" 2.2 software fix. - xda-developers
RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.26.651.6_Radio_2.15.00.07.28_NV_1.40_release_140444_signed

This is what I used. Does a wipe, but the UI is working fantastic. I did the manual ota update and that sucked. I followed this and this is a clean complete unrooted install. And you can install this even if you used the OTA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones