1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Your preferred CPU standards?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaiser17, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    My standards:

Minimum Frequency: 122 MHz (Good way to save battery power because when your phone is let alone and not being used it will run at this speed, most people have 245 MHz set as their minimum, but I'd suggest them to change it to 122 MHz. It makes no difference in your phones speed and performance, but it will save power because when its not in use it will run at the lowest speed which is 122 MHz and save you a good amount of Juice.)

Maximum Frequency: 787 MHz (This is the speed my Optimus M is the most stable at, I've used 806 Mhz as well but some applications don't work properly on it and when I run them it would cause the phone to reboot, and when I have my frequency set to 787 MHz everything works and runs smoothly.)

[​IMG]

So what is your preferred CPU standards to have the best performance and stability on your Optimus M?

By the way, my ROM is Cyanogenmod 7.1 by reppard, out of all 3 CM7 ROMs, I found reppard's to be most stable.

Advertisement

2. mario0318

mario0318 Well-Known Member
    None

May 13, 2011
    Which CPU governor do you use?

3. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    Smartass v2

4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Android Expert
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Male
    Web Design and Hosting/PC Repair
    NW Georgia
    thing with 122 as min is the phone being slow to wake from sleep. ;) But if it works for ya n not a issue def should save on a lil power.

Also at that low of a setting you may not get notifications like ya should. just FYI's ;)

5. after screwing with cetcpu and all other cpu tweaks i found no difference in battery life from setting the screen off profiles..only thing is like playfulgod said,slow screen wake times...i just set it to 1100 (evo) max and 122 min and let it ride...thats just by my experience...i found that the only thing that really helps battery is turning off the 3g when not using it,keep gps off,always choose wifi over 3g/1x...and screen timeout to 30sec...brightness to automatic or in the center...

other than that stuff above,i found no better battery life from cpu settings....but as always with cpu's less power IS BETTER,but i dont think your gonna get WAY better battery from cpu setting. the optimus from my experience has pretty damn good battery life compared to my evo that runs CM7 w/ tiamat kernel..the less apps the better too..cuz apps are resource whores and suck up alot of data battery too..

Tags: