• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Your preferred music Player

Have just started using Astro Player Beta, very impressed so far with the sound quality and an EQ that works.

It has a selection of different skins and even grabs the album artwork from the internet.

Looks very promising to be my preferred choice of music player especially as the developer is due to introduce presets for the EQ :D

Reactions: metcard
Upvote 0
Ooo sounds good

I'm using meridian for podcasts and audiobooks as it remembers what time you turned off. On my old phone I had to take a note of the time and track if I wanted to listen to music now I have two apps one for each.

For music I'm using MixZing and the sound quality is pretty good as far as I can tell, I'm noticing things in tracks I never did before on my old phone.

Astro Player sounds pretty interesting though I'll deffo check that out

Upvote 0
I found that MixZing was all right at times, but sometimes it would somehow start playing two songs at the same time. I use Yebisu now.

I just wish I could find something which I could use to create playlists from the phone rather than having to do it on the computer and copy the playlists over to the phone afterwards.

Upvote 0
Have just started using Astro Player Beta, very impressed so far with the sound quality and an EQ that works.

It has a selection of different skins and even grabs the album artwork from the internet.

Looks very promising to be my preferred choice of music player especially as the developer is due to introduce presets for the EQ :D

It looks nice but the app keeps freezing, loses imported music and force closes every 5 mins, but get rid of them problems and it could be a good app.

Upvote 0
you guys all should try ^3 (cubed). it's a beta player, has an amazing interface and offers player control when the screen is locked - also it is free. very hard to find on the market because the app name is actually the symbol cubed but i think you should be fine if you type in 'cubed'
after trying all kinds of music players this one converted me right away, cheers!

Upvote 0
I must say, i was very disapointed in the sound quality on such a "big" phone.

And im not much up for having a seperat mediaplayer.

So im more on the lookout for an "addon" for Mediascape.

I would very much like it to be like my old Walkman phone, (W850i) it had very good sound quality, and the megabass option. Best music device i've had.

But i don't know where to look for such a thing.

Upvote 0
Astro media player is pretty sweet.
It remembers where you left off on every song in your library and you can long press the volume rocker to skip to the next song - although, unfortunately it only works when the program is open.

I've been using it for a few weeks but I'm having problems with it forgetting where I left off. I have four playlists and switch back and forth; when I do, I often wind up at the beginning of the first selection. I am using bookmarks to work around this, but it's not ideal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones