• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Your sim card does not allow a connection to this network" - Is there anything I can do???

bmarshall

Lurker
Jul 20, 2013
Okay so I've been trying all day to fix this problem and despite scouring the internet nothing I try seems to work!!

I haven't used my HTC Desire HD in a long time - it's an old phone I've had stashed away as a spare, but I decided I wanted to unlock it in order to sell it for maximum value. (originally locked to orange)

When I first turned on the phone it had no network which I wasn't surprised about as it had an old and probably now void sim in it. I bought an unlock code and attempted to follow the instructions - but I was never prompted to enter any sort of code when I put in a new (o2) sim.

I looked this up for a while and found nothing helpful, so I wondered if the phone's IMEI was somehow blocked. Paid to check and apparently it isn't blocked, so that cancels out that (I think).

I've tried a multitude of solutions - Airplane mode on/off, cleaning SIM slot, factory reset, plugging into laptop with htc sync and new sim, manually selecting network/resetting/automatically searching - all i get is this error.

I have fiddled around a little with *#*#4636#*#* but I honestly have no idea what I'm looking for - have followed instructions which said to turn radio on and off and on etc but nothing happened, same error.

Any help would be appreciated!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones