• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your thoughts/expectations of the HTC One (was the M7)

Nope. Don't know what I'm doing. Getting the One, not decided on when.

One of the clear cases caught my fancy, but my wife had one on a RAZR that ended up looking cheap. :(

I usually end up with the phone first and can't wait for the case to arrive. :p :D

Give Diztronic a look...I have a slew of them! Very good TPU cases ...

Upvote 0
There is one thing that's bothering me about the HTC One.

Before with phones we would have 16GB and 32GB variants. With HTC now having ditched the 16GB for its new flagship we're now given 32GB and 64GB. Because the HTC One doesn't have expandable memory if i had to choose i would much rather prefer the 64GB over the 32GB. Only problem is the 64GB hasn't been mentioned and isn't being sold by any online retailers, well not yet anyway but places like Amazon and Clove for example are only selling the 32GB.

So what do you do if you're undecided between the S4 and HTC One but leaning more towards HTC but there's no 64GB phone for release? I don't see anything in the UK for it. I wouldn't buy the 32GB. This may be a big problem for me.

Anyone else prefer 64GB over 32GB?

Upvote 0
Yes, 64GB would be my preference too.

There were statements that the 64 would be released in the UK, but no date yet. Can't remember exactly where I found these - most likely in this forum somewhere, though I have trawled the HTC blog too. As the natural time for me to upgrade would be in the summer (not contracts, just personal reasons) I'm hoping it will appear by then.

Upvote 0
Yes, 64GB would be my preference too.

There were statements that the 64 would be released in the UK, but no date yet. Can't remember exactly where I found these - most likely in this forum somewhere, though I have trawled the HTC blog too. As the natural time for me to upgrade would be in the summer (not contracts, just personal reasons) I'm hoping it will appear by then.

My contract comes to an end in May so i can wait (just!) so i'm hoping it's out by then but i'm most likely end up buying it sim-free. But i do know i want the 64GB. If it doesn't get released here i don't know what phone i'll choose. Importing it will be a nuisance and i hope it doesn't come to that. Hopefully by May we'll also hear of Google/Motorola's announcement of the Motorola X phone so i might end up choosing that over HTC/Samsung.

Upvote 0
I took this off HTC FB status...

HTC has seen unprecedented demand for and interest in the new HTC One, and the care taken to design and build it is evidenced in early reviews. The new HTC One will roll out in the UK, Germany and Taiwan next week and across Europe, North America and most of Asia-Pacific before the end of April. We appreciate our customers’ patience, and believe that once they have the phone in their hands they will agree that it has been worth the wait.
It will be here soon..hopefully. :hmmmm:

Upvote 0
I took this off HTC FB status...

It will be here soon..hopefully. :hmmmm:

I went to my Sprint store today to talk to my sprint guy. He is making sure I am the first person to get the One when it gets to his store, and I am purchasing one for my fiancee as well. Our accessories are coming from China, so I'm hoping I don't have the constant tease of my phone cases mocking me day in and day out waiting for this phone to drop here in the states.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I signed up for the rebate HTC has offered if you buy the phone by the end of April and mail in your old phone. The problem is that Verizon doesn't look like they're getting the phone by then.
Anyone else in this situation? What do you plan on doing about it?

I'm actually in a different/better situation.Seems the delay for the ONE in the U.S. will actually be of benefit to me.

Currently on SPRINT,w/a soon-expiring contract, & from 1st glance,I'm liking what T-MOBILE has rolled out today:

T-Mobile makes new service plans official, launches 4G LTE network

HTC One 'coming soon' to T-Mobile for just $99 | The Verge

The coverage is better & pricing is in the same ballpark,so,I've got options.
Either way,regardless of carrier,I'm still in & getting the ONE.

Upvote 0
I'm actually in a different/better situation.Seems the delay for the ONE in the U.S. will actually be of benefit to me.

Currently on SPRINT,w/a soon-expiring contract, & from 1st glance,I'm liking what T-MOBILE has rolled out today:

1000%... I really like what Tmobile has rolled out today. I may very well just get the One on TMO instead of at&t...But it will all come down to when they will be releasing LTE in NYC.

Upvote 0
The speculation by some on here due to the delay is just hilarious. I'm not trying to be offensive but HTC going out of business because of a month delay on a phone? COME ON! You've got to be kidding me. Let's not forget one thing, HTC now partly owns Beats the headphone company which is now becoming a megabrand. HTC is a megabrand. It isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I'm still buying the ONE because for me it represents the best phone on the market. The Samsung Galaxy III just looks like it should be called the Samsung Galaxy 2 Electric Boogaloo (let's see who gets that reference). I'm sure there are plenty just like me. I swear every new phone we go through this same cycle. Fan boys get butt hurt over delays and swear they are leaving just to come running back talking about how much they love said phone they swore they would never buy.

Yep I've already talked to the girlfriend we're moving to T-Mobile. I'll be saving almost $100 for the same plan and better coverage.

Upvote 0
Clove UK have updated their website with the stock issue of the HTC One:

If you have an order with Clove for a HTC One, or have been planning to place an order, please find the current stock situation below:

Silver HTC One – First stock delayed until next week, 3rd April.
Black HTC One – First stock delayed until 10th April.
Orders placed on or after 26th March are likely to ship late April.

So frustrating!

Upvote 0

Where are you that T-Mobile's coverage is better? I have a handful of friends on T-Mobile and they drop calls left and right, have their data throttled, lose signal constantly, etc. They moved to Ole Magenta when they went with their last batch of new plans and can't wait to leave.

Upvote 0
Where are you that T-Mobile's coverage is better? I have a handful of friends on T-Mobile and they drop calls left and right, have their data throttled, lose signal constantly, etc. They moved to Ole Magenta when they went with their last batch of new plans and can't wait to leave.

YMMV,it's all relative to how coverage is where you need it most. SPRINT is great in parts of my town, but, not so where it counts most for me:at work & at home.

Upvote 0
I just had an email last night from Handtec saying that the release of sim free handsets has been delayed as per the post further up, and also warning that there will be smaller numbers available when they get released too.

Now I dont know whether to cancel my order with Handtec, and then place an order with HTC directly and pay the bit extra, or just leave it as is.
Any thoughts - would HTC look after their direct customers first?

Upvote 0
I just had an email last night from Handtec saying that the release of sim free handsets has been delayed as per the post further up, and also warning that there will be smaller numbers available when they get released too.

Now I dont know whether to cancel my order with Handtec, and then place an order with HTC directly and pay the bit extra, or just leave it as is.
Any thoughts - would HTC look after their direct customers first?

Wow...They just cant seem to get it together out there. It's going to be a pure shootout to get the ONE over here in the states when it releases. This is going to be just like the incredible and Evo when they were released a few years back. Yup both HTC devices that just faced gigantic shortages at launch. Some things never change...lol

Upvote 0
The question is, what new features would you want?

I was thinking about this, and reckon that the split screen thing I could genuinely see uses for. However, I believe it only works with a limited range of apps, which makes it a lot less useful (I have my own app preferences, and may not want to be forced to work with Samsung's versions). The "smart stay" thing, as long as it works well, would also be useful to me. But both of those are things you can get on the S3 already.

The new stuff with the S4? Maybe there's something I've overlooked, but from what I recall none of it seemed as useful as these. Now in fairness I could also imagine never using BlinkFeed and never putting the One's camera in Zoe mode, so for me possibly the new features in both are a wash. But people's preferences and requirements differ, and if the S4 features appeal to you, go for it. :)

Reactions: toad6386
Upvote 0
In the UK only Phones4U now have the silver one available to buy. CPW will have it in stores from tomorrow. Read link for info:

HTC One starts to arrive in the UK, following delays | CNET UK

lol...I cant! This is insane that the U.S. is sitting here waiting for this as other parts of the World are getting in on the HTC one fun...lmaooo

I'm jabbing, nice to know that at least some of Android Forum Family members are snatching em up out there. Anyway, I'm going on vacation. See you all in a few weeks when were hopefully all rollin with the same device :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones