• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your thoughts on the 2.1v3 leak?

On the 50% bug, its airplane mode for a spell and then back to mobile ? There isn't a permanent fix is there?

I usually plug in the phone a number of times a day. Might be because I'm home and messing with the Eris after the upgrade that things seem different.

Dez
NYC

There is no permanent fix, no, but it sounded like you saw the 50% and didn't know what to do. All it is is just putting it into airplane mode. The charger part just resets your counter since it only counts the time since it was unplugged. But just by putting it in airplane mode will technically fix the problem. Depending on how long the phone was at 50% prior to you putting it in airplane mode is how fast that 50% will go down.

Catch the bouquet, OTD? ;)

Upvote 0
:eek:

Open bar?

Of course not. They are deeply religious and there is not a drop of alcohol in this place. Top it off with the fact that they are vegan too and it just makes everything even more fun.

The groom didn't even have a bachelor party. They went to play mini golf instead.

My invitation didn't even have a plus one. LOl. The brides mother made a big deal out of me even coming and decreed that I was only allowed if I came alone. She refers to me as "the walking sin".

I have been hit on by almost every single guy here and invited to 4 different churches for tomorrow morning.

The bride is a long time friend though so I had to come.

I am in hell.:(

Upvote 0
Of course not. They are deeply religious and there is not a drop of alcohol in this place. Top it off with the fact that they are vegan too and it just makes everything even more fun.

The groom didn't even have a bachelor party. They went to play mini golf instead.

My invitation didn't even have a plus one. LOl. The brides mother made a big deal out of me even coming and decreed that I was only allowed if I came alone. She refers to me as "the walking sin".

I have been hit on by almost every single guy here and invited to 4 different churches for tomorrow morning.

"The Walking Sin". Haha. Too funny. I would have brought a flask. You are a good friend for going it alone and persevering.

About the 50% time without a signal bug. I'm not sure if there's any connection to battery drain. It seems these phones are very temperamental when it comes to battery. Some days it just seems to drain faster than others with no rhyme or reason.

Upvote 0
Press the + sign -> HTC Widget -> Get more HTC widgets -> Battery

I'm not a fan of these battery widgets, though. They always seem to drain mine faster. What I do instead is I got "Anycut" and made a shortcut to "Battery info" and that opens a page that shows me the percentage remaining.

You shouldnt need anycut now. Just click +, shortcuts settings, battery use. Takes you to it from the home screen.

Upvote 0
"The Walking Sin". Haha. Too funny. I would have brought a flask. You are a good friend for going it alone and persevering.

About the 50% time without a signal bug. I'm not sure if there's any connection to battery drain. It seems these phones are very temperamental when it comes to battery. Some days it just seems to drain faster than others with no rhyme or reason.

Thanks. I'm free now. The girls I went with finally decided it was time to go. LOl

Yea, I'm not sure if it affects anything or not. The theory was that the phone would continuously try to look for better signal because it was showing it didn't have any. This would then kill the battery. I don't know if that was ever proved or disproved though.

Upvote 0
You shouldnt need anycut now. Just click +, shortcuts settings, battery use. Takes you to it from the home screen.

I use that shortcut to check for the 50% time without signal issue. But it doesn't show the percentage of battery remaining. I know you can look at it with Spare Parts, but I never really liked that program...so I have that anycut shortcut.

Thanks. I'm free now. The girls I went with finally decided it was time to go. LOl

...and now the real party begins??? ;)

Upvote 0
I didn't have it either until I did the *228 update. Not a big deal though. :cool:

Are you all referring to updating the Roaming, option 2 I believe? I did *228 after initial install, option 1, and that is it.

I keep seeing everyone saying that they have the 50% issue after they do *228, but we all have to do that, under option 1 that is.

Upvote 0
What are the problems you have had? For me the benefit is much greater than the cost. Lag is completely gone for me. Everything is quick and functioning fine. The one bug that I had before is gone (pictures not showing up in Gmail).

It's mostly personal preference.

this phone should be one thing above all others... a PHONE

with the no audio bug happening countless times with the 2.1 leaks, it took away that most important function for me

oh how i cannot wait for my refurb to come in this next week

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A thought about the reception bars on the phone. I saw an article today that someone asked a verizon representative about them. Apparently she said that the bars don't represent the actual "signal", they represent the distance from the nearest cell tower. Which would explain why even with no bars you could talk and browse perfectly fine.

You know how accurate Verizon reps can be, but it's food for thought.

Upvote 0
I have been using the V3 leak for 3 days now, very happy with it! I enjoy the phone running 2.1 so much more.....everything works well for me and I love having Navigation!

I do have the 50% bug and I am fine with hitting airplane mode for a minute while charging in the morning.....usually keeps it between 38%-42% and my battery life has actually increased since V3? I thought it was a fluke, but after 3 days it has been consistently higher. I'm not a heavy user, but I do use email, text, browser and even make phone calls through out the day. My battery level used to drop down a bar after about 1 hour of doing nothing.......doesn't do that anymore?

Upvote 0

I feel for you... I get very uncomfortable around bible thumpers. Sometimes the level of brainwashing can be down right scary!

And I fianlly upgraded from 1.5 to 2.1 V3 on Friday. No issues so far! Hopefully nothing comes up that makes me regret my decision. I don't think I have the 50% no signal bug, not sure where to look. I went under settings>about phone>battery>battery use, is this the right place to look?

Upvote 0
And I fianlly upgraded from 1.5 to 2.1 V3 on Friday. No issues so far! Hopefully nothing comes up that makes me regret my decision. I don't think I have the 50% no signal bug, not sure where to look. I went under settings>about phone>battery>battery use, is this the right place to look?

Then click on Cell Standby. If there's no percentage there or a low percentage, then you're ok. If there's a problem, it will say "Time without Signal 50%"

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I recently upgraded from 2.1 V2 to 2.1 V3 and have noticed my battery doesn't even last a day now. On V2 it would go almost 2 days before requiring a charge. I have the same apps installed as on V2, so I'm wondering if someone can provide some insight.

I just rebooted the phone as I noticed the uptime and awake time were virtually the same.

Any insight would be MUCH appreciated as I can't live with a battery that only lasts 15 hours.

Thanks!
John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones