1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gremlin256, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

I have my phone rooted. Not unlocked bootloader yet. Since the last OTA update, VZ does a check to see if you phone is rooted..

So are you guys going to unroot to receive the Lollipop update when it comes out? Or uses ROMS from developers?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Well, personally I usually wait for roms and then tweak them to my liking.
    Ever since rooting this device, and previous devices, I've never taken an OTA.
    (I may be in the minority, but OTA's never excited me in the least :eek: )
    I've been happy with rom-ing:)

3. Texas501

Texas501 Member

Totally agree with Mikestony. They are calling Android L 5.0 "L is for Lockdown." Meaning you may not be able to root your device once you have this update. I am going to wait for custom roms to be made (and Bump! 'ed) and flash them to my device. I already blocked OTA updates on my device.

Mikestony likes this.
  4. markfm

markfm Member

At least 11c is workable on vzw. I flashed the modem, boot, and system .IMG files from 11c on my 10b phone today, now have:
    [​IMG]

5. Gremlin256

Gremlin256 Android Enthusiast

What I am getting from you guys are you are going to wait for roms with 5.0 to come out and than you will flash them with it... Okie dokie..

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews