• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You're so smart, Android. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way.. that was total sarcasm.
Why the heck would you really put a "Emergency Call" button on your phone?
Even if it's on the lockpad, it shouldn't be usable.

Thanks to you, the cops are coming over right now thinking there's a girl being raped or beaten.
No really, thank you.

I had the same problem minus the rape issue what in the world were you doing on the other end to make them think what they did ... you know what never mind

Anyways
I have a work-around its not really a fix so much as it is adding an extra layer of protection. I googled around and found some people talking about lock screen replacements and came across a gem. There is a free app in the marketplace called Lockbot this is the key in my opinion. Now there is a paid version available that will give you tons of themes and the ability to use its own pattern locking screen, but im cheap so I didn't go for that at first. So here is what you do.

1 setup the pattern locking just as you would normally use it
2 download the Lockbot App
3 configure the Lockbot App so that it show what ever unlock screen you prefer

Once you have this installed and set up, what you will see is an unlock screen with the slider bar like you have when you dont use the pattern lock. Once you slide the bar it will take you to the pattern lock screen where the dreaded 911 button lives. Just draw your pattern and you're in your phone. Its one small extra step but less worries about accidental pocket dials.

Word of caution lockbot seems to have issues with some phones and some users dont realize you can actually do a good bit of customizing. Also when you first turn you phone on Lockbot will no be loaded it takes a min or so to load and you may even have to lock and unlock the phone once to get it to work. I does some times get a little hinky and will force close on mine but it normally restarts itself. Yeah its not perfect but its better than having the police show up.

My phone is a LG Phoenix LGP505 running Froyo 2.2.2

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones