• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youth Scholarships Available

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    Parents, did you know that Veterans of Foreign Wars gives out scholarships? How about a $35,000 scholarship to the national essay winner?

Voice of Democracy essay contest is open to all United States high school students. Each year, nearly 25,000 students in Grades 9-12, from across the country, enter to win their share of more than $2 million in educational scholarships and incentives.

Every year, nearly 68,800 middle school students in Grades 6-8 enter VFW’s Patriot’s Pen youth essay contest for a chance to win their share of more than $1.4 million in state and national awards.

Yes, home school students are eligible!

Eligible students need to start working on their essays NOW because all essays must be turned in to the local VFW Post no later than October 31st! More information on essays, themes and requirements:

https://www.vfw.org/community/youth-and-education/youth-scholarships

Last edited:
    In fact, one of our VFW District's Posts, Post 1893 in rural Franklin County, submitted their Post's winning Voice of Democracy essay winner - high school sophomore Scotland Stewart.
    His essay won at the District level and was advanced to the State of Tennessee. It was selected as the State winner: and that included $1,500 in scholarship money (on top of the $750 he'd already received at the Post & District levels) and an all-expense paid trip to Washington, DC where his essay was judged against the other state and overseas winners.
    He won at the National level! And that comes with a $35,000 scholarship and an all-expense paid trip to the VFW National Convention for him and his family!

These essay contests aren't only for children of veterans - they're for any eligible student in public, private or homeschool, as part of the community service VFW provides.

Reactions: olbriar
    Upvote 0
    Parents, did you know that Veterans of Foreign Wars gives out scholarships? How about a $35,000 scholarship to the national essay winner?

Voice of Democracy essay contest is open to all United States high school students. Each year, nearly 25,000 students in Grades 9-12, from across the country, enter to win their share of more than $2 million in educational scholarships and incentives.

Every year, nearly 68,800 middle school students in Grades 6-8 enter VFW’s Patriot’s Pen youth essay contest for a chance to win their share of more than $1.4 million in state and national awards.

Yes, home school students are eligible!

Eligible students need to start working on their essays NOW because all essays must be turned in to the local VFW Post no later than October 31st! More information on essays, themes and requirements:

Youth Scholarships And I think that it's an amazing opportunity for the students because now the tuition prices are high. I also have a scholarship because it was my main goal, and it allowed me to become a student. And it also motivates me a lot. When I have problems with my studies, I don't give up and do my best. For example, last time, I had writing issues and thought missing a deadline was not that bad. But I managed to get more info after reading these Barack Obama essay samples, which actually helped me a lot. And I managed to finish the paper before the deadline. That scholarship motivated me not to stop writing and look for help. So applying is for sure a good idea.
    Thanks for the info. I have an experience applying for a scholarhip, I did it even twice, and I think it's worth it. At least it will provide useful experience

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones