• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube 1080p video on HTC Sensation XE

huy_lonewolf

Oct 9, 2011
Singapore
Hi everyone,
I am currently looking for an Android phone that can run youtube desktop site smoothly, even at 1080p setting. A friend of mine told me that the new HTC Sensation XE should be able to handle 1080p video, but we currently do not have one to test. Can anyone with the Sensation XE help me verify this by playing the song "Rain over me" by Pitbull ft. Marc Anthony on youtube at 1080p setting? Below is the link:
Pitbull - Rain Over Me ft. Marc Anthony - YouTube
Thank you so much for your help.

sort of played, sort of not. I couldn't play it externally in youtube app as it said not available on mobiles or something.

I played it in window as above and played it smooth in 1080p, although couple of times when moving about/scrolling it crashed and went back to home screen

Also when I was playing in 720 or 1080 I had a strange line in the middle of the video, unsure if its the video or the phone.

hope this helps

Reactions: huy_lonewolf
Upvote 0
sort of played, sort of not. I couldn't play it externally in youtube app as it said not available on mobiles or something.

I played it in window as above and played it smooth in 1080p, although couple of times when moving about/scrolling it crashed and went back to home screen

Also when I was playing in 720 or 1080 I had a strange line in the middle of the video, unsure if its the video or the phone.

hope this helps

Thank you for your help. The reason I am bringing this up because I am considering buying either the Sensation XE or Galaxy S2. Just to clarify with you, do you have Flash 11 installed when you played that video?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones