• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help YouTube 1080p

No idea, but the 1080p option is rarely the one that it starts with, if it's even available. I bet the same would be true on this phone. From a personal standpoint, I hate that Youtube even has a 1080p option for video quality because it can't stream it reliably. 720p is a happy medium until they fix their issues.

Upvote 0
As for me, when I use wifi the videos on youtube go into what looks like 1080p, and a "HD" indication is shown on the bottom left, but when on mobile date "4G" it goes to 480p and below and sometimes 720p depending in what area your in for 4g strength, and an "HQ" indicator is shown on the bottom left instead of "HD". I'm guessing this probably happens because of my mobile data limit on T-Mobile, resulting in the youtube videos going down in quality depending on where the internet is coming from wifi or 4g.

This is quite annoying to me, does anyone know an app that allows you to chose what resolution you want to wach a youtube video on for example 720p or 1080p on mobile data?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones