• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube alternative?

D

Deleted User

Hi guys

I am getting really annoyed with the Youtube app problem, "touch to retry" error. Once that error comes up, it restarts the video. I have cleared the data cach, and that has stopped the error coming up as often, but when I run out of 3G signal, the error appears and restarts the video when I touch the screen. Just wondering if there is an app so I can watch Youtube videos, that just maybe pauses when 3G go's out, even if I have a "buffering" message, then starts again at the same point when 3G becomes active again. Does that make sense? lol!!

Cheers
Martin

I am getting really fed up with Youtube on Android, its ridiculous. Every video does it. I clear my cache evry time it happens, but still the same. I tried viewing straight from the internet site, but same there too. I have used 'Freedi Youtube Downloader' and seems to work great, but for some reason its not a very good search function, cant find certain videos. And pretty crap when your wanting to watch things on the go without waiting for them to download each time.

Upvote 0
Remove avi files from your device. This is what i noticed... after playin an avi file, my mp4 h264 playback was choppy. I restarted to find everything ok. Played avi, mp4 gone! If u wanna use mp4 h264, stick to it completely or else go for only avi ones. This solved my youtube issue too! I searched all forums but no help. This is what solved my problem. Hope it works :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones