• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube and video problems

Konut

Lurker
Feb 5, 2015
Hi, I just purchased a used HTC Droid Incredible Verizon 4G LTE. I got the phone set up and everything is working great except for internet videos, specifically youtube videos through the app or mobile website, and videos through the instagram app. When I go to watch any video it will play about 1 second, and then go to the loading screen, play another second and then go back to the loading screen until it says and error has occurred, tap to retry. It even happens when I put the video on the lowest quality, on wifi or on full bars of 4g. I know my wifi is fast enough because I can stream youtube videos on 1080p on my laptop with no problem. I tried clearing the data cache in the app settings, re installing the app, and resetting the phone a few times, all to no avail. This phone is newer and faster than the iPhone 4s, and it's an android so it should have YouTube support. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones