• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

youtube .apk they just stepped it up

thaDroidz

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
texas
ver2.0.26 is looking really nice on the droid, I have been leery about the updating youtube because I didn't want to loose the widget themed version I am running.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/youtube/com.google.android.youtube
I love the ability to just watch the tiny video on the apps search page and with a rotate it switches to full screen. Changing in settings to load all HD is a huge PLUS..

Looks as if I will be finally creating an account and uploading my droid videos to youtube... (these get interesting)

Reactions: Frank Grimes
this update for youtube is awesome... for the first time i was able to watch 2 HQ videos in a row, right away with no problems and no lag... thumbs up

now if only android would be cool enough to notify you of updates to apps that are pre-installed on the phone instead of making you look for them in the market
that would be nice...it would also be nice if you could just install from the market and it would replace the stock app...anyone not knowing what they are doing are going to start wondering why they cant DL Gmail, youtube, or the car home.

Upvote 0
this update for youtube is awesome... for the first time i was able to watch 2 HQ videos in a row, right away with no problems and no lag... thumbs up

now if only android would be cool enough to notify you of updates to apps that are pre-installed on the phone instead of making you look for them in the market

its only because it was a core(stock) app at first. so it was a bit like having an apk instead of downloading from the market. how could you get an update for an app in which android market doesnt know you have? it was its first time being on the market so it couldnt be an update. same with Gmail, Gsearch, Gmaps, Car Home, Chrome To Phone, and etc.

Upvote 0
that would be nice...it would also be nice if you could just install from the market and it would replace the stock app...anyone not knowing what they are doing are going to start wondering why they cant DL Gmail, youtube, or the car home.

Not sure I understand. When I downloaded it from the market, it did update/replace the stock app...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones