1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

YouTube app says "connection to server lost"

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JohnnyScience, Oct 17, 2014.

1. JohnnyScience

JohnnyScience Newbie

I've had this issue for a couple of weeks now everytime i try to play a video in youtube I get the connection to server lost error

I've tried a few things to fix this but nothing seems to work I'm using Android 4.3 I can't seem to upgrade to 4.4 through AT&T

does anyone know a guaranteed fix for this very frustrating that I can't even watch videos on my new phone

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I'm getting the same problem. What's your device? I'm using the 2013 Nexus 7

3. JohnnyScience

JohnnyScience Newbie

I have the new Padfone X

Does anyone have any idea that will fix this? The fact that I can't use Google's Youtube service on Google OS, Android boggles my mind.

4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

i sometimes get endless rebuffering that never completes. it plays six seconds and sits at the loading circle indefinitely. using the website works fine. i chalk it up to the unreliable nature of Google apps in general. I have similar issues with Play Store--since day one--two out of every three attempts at downloading some app has the predictable nature of giving me 'Could not be downloaded due to an error (927)' which i have yet to recover from. the only solution there is to keep trying until you either throw the phone against concrete in frustration or get lucky and have it start downloading at a snail's pace.

5. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Could it be that the problem is with YouTube itself rather than the app? I know even on PC I've had issues this last week with videos not playing, only loading.

6. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

i've had tons of issues similar to this with the app but never one problem with the website. i'm speaking specifically of the mobile site that i load on my Samsung Note tablet. the app never worked right. it would either rebuffer countless times or always attempt to play HD quality (which my connection cannot handle) or never play at all simply saying 'an error occurred' (Gee, Google, a little help would be nice other than stating the obvious)

The only Google apps that ever work consistently are Gmail and Chrome. that's about it. i either disable or never use the rest due to wake lock, reliability or resource demand.

7. JohnnyScience

JohnnyScience Newbie

No it seems this has been a common issue over the last year.

No one has any idea how to fix this? Not being able to watch videos on this phone makes me want to switch back to Apple. NEVER had an issue with it on their OS.

8. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

I run into bad when my battery is low for some weird reason! Is the app up to date? You can clear the data on the app to see If that helps! In settings app manager

9. JohnnyScience

JohnnyScience Newbie

Anyone at all?

I hope this is fixed with 5.0 tomorrow...