• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube app stopped working

About a week ago my YouTube app just stopped working. I'm on the first 2.2 leak and rooted. Everything was fine and my cousin said he was having issues with YouTube app on his D1 and asked me to check mine. His wouldn't connect. Mine worked just fine. Later on in day opened YouTube to watch some Tosh.0 and the app opened started and load and when I clicked on search it gave me a message that it had to force close. Tried it a couple more times and same result. Now it would force close while loading. I turned of phone and rebooted. Turned phone on and when done booting it says it had to force close YouTube. Didn't make changes to phone. Don't know what gives. Tried uninstalling with titanium backup (paid v) and will not let me uninstall it. Tried reinstalling it and said failed. Tried installing a newer version from the DINC and won't install. Searched on this forum and many others with no results. Googled it and came up with some references to other devices with same problem about a year ago but all fixes said reinstall it or install newer version. Tried all that with no results. Viewing YouTube thru browser works fine. Thought of reflashing to stock but want to wait to see about OTA supposed to be coming out sometime before now and next Motorola phone release. Don't Normally post, usually try to figure out things on my own but perplexed. Sorry for the long post.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones