• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube app with option for HQ by default!

Youtube app from the EVO with HQ option as default. Install using astro app manager as a upgrade.
So is there any way to get the Youtube app or HTC flash player to play back in HQ without installing this? I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of all the streamed video I have seen so far. They all seem to be lower than even 360p. Are there any settings on the phone to change the defaults?

John

Upvote 0
So is there any way to get the Youtube app or HTC flash player to play back in HQ without installing this? I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of all the streamed video I have seen so far. They all seem to be lower than even 360p. Are there any settings on the phone to change the defaults?

John

This is just installed as a update to the existing youtube app. It's not a workaround or hack. When you clcik your youtube app after installing this in the youtube settings it will have an option to play HQ only by default. The videos are then great quality.

Upvote 0
The version of YouTube that came on the Incredible allows HQ viewing already. While watching a video, hit the menu button and "***more" and there's an option to play in HQ. The benefit of the EVO YouTube app is that you can set it to default to HQ. For me, videos wouldn't play through without serious buffering unless I was on wifi. I'm back to the original version.

Edit: With the original version, I think once you watch a video in HQ, it defaults to that until you change it back. Quality might not be as good as on the EVO, but at least it plays through without issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones