• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Youtube constantly crashing, how to fix?

Endymion

May 18, 2011
Miami
I've updated my ZVB to ZVC, and went about trying various ROMs. I had come to Number Two, and played around with a couple different kernels with it when I noticed that I could no longer play youtube videos. The app just crashes. In fact, when I boot the phone, sometimes the app crashes without my even turning it on. The crash reporter dutifully sends the report to google but I haven't been able to fix this crashing. I've tried repairing permissions, and flashing to different ROMs. Neither solves this problem. Ideas?

I've updated my ZVB to ZVC, and went about trying various ROMs. I had come to Number Two, and played around with a couple different kernels with it when I noticed that I could no longer play youtube videos. The app just crashes. In fact, when I boot the phone, sometimes the app crashes without my even turning it on. The crash reporter dutifully sends the report to google but I haven't been able to fix this crashing. I've tried repairing permissions, and flashing to different ROMs. Neither solves this problem. Ideas?

First i would update to zvd cause zvc was trash then try the rom with a full wipe. If it still doesn't work try to remove youtube and reinstall

Sent from my typewriter.

Upvote 0
Woops, guys.

Mistype, I updated to ZVD, then swapped around ROMs and all this youtube problem happened. So that's not going to be a fix here. I guess I'll go ahead and try the uninstall.

Sometimes when flashing roms, the app cache gets corrupted. you could just try to clear out the app cache first. It fixes the fc issue I have with youtube when I flash the beastcandy theme. And for the revo, when i flash BrokenOut, I have to clear the cache for email, dsp manager, calender, and youtube. Or else all those apps fc continuously.

Upvote 0
Sometimes when flashing roms, the app cache gets corrupted. you could just try to clear out the app cache first. It fixes the fc issue I have with youtube when I flash the beastcandy theme. And for the revo, when i flash BrokenOut, I have to clear the cache for email, dsp manager, calender, and youtube. Or else all those apps fc continuously.

What he said, but with an addition.. There have been times with certain apps, YouTube specifically that i had to use titanium backup to remove data.. Not sure what caused it.. But that fixed it..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones