1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Youtube constantly crashing, how to fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Endymion, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Endymion

Endymion Newbie

I've updated my ZVB to ZVC, and went about trying various ROMs. I had come to Number Two, and played around with a couple different kernels with it when I noticed that I could no longer play youtube videos. The app just crashes. In fact, when I boot the phone, sometimes the app crashes without my even turning it on. The crash reporter dutifully sends the report to google but I haven't been able to fix this crashing. I've tried repairing permissions, and flashing to different ROMs. Neither solves this problem. Ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert

First i would update to zvd cause zvc was trash then try the rom with a full wipe. If it still doesn't work try to remove youtube and reinstall

Sent from my typewriter.

3. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

what he said:D

4. Endymion

Endymion Newbie

Woops, guys.

Mistype, I updated to ZVD, then swapped around ROMs and all this youtube problem happened. So that's not going to be a fix here. I guess I'll go ahead and try the uninstall.

5. IMfamous XMAN

IMfamous XMAN Member

Sometimes when flashing roms, the app cache gets corrupted. you could just try to clear out the app cache first. It fixes the fc issue I have with youtube when I flash the beastcandy theme. And for the revo, when i flash BrokenOut, I have to clear the cache for email, dsp manager, calender, and youtube. Or else all those apps fc continuously.

6. travioso

travioso Android Expert

What he said, but with an addition.. There have been times with certain apps, YouTube specifically that i had to use titanium backup to remove data.. Not sure what caused it.. But that fixed it..

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews