• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help youtube doesn't work through chrome?

stargirl29

Dec 3, 2012
my youtube isn't working through chrome. i get what looks like a missing puzzle piece icon (like what you'd get if missing flash) & message that says chrome for android does not support this plugin). it worked fine last night. i can still watch youtube through the app. last night i turned off a bunch of syncing options' perhaps i messed something up? or google is trying to get me to watch through apo?

It uses Flash iirc and Chrome doesn't support Flash.

You need to sideload the flash apk file, then use a browser like Boat or Dolphin and it should work without too much hassle.

If you need a link to Flash, let me know.

oh that's right i'm dumb sometimes... i hadn't reinstalled the apk since the factory reset i did. i think i've still got the apk in dropbox, i'll let you know if i have other probs w/it. thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones