• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

youtube download app

WildHeart

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
i found this and used it for months. i dont know what happened to it! so i need your help telling me its name :D

like anyone else i sometimes use youtube to listen to music. there was an app i came across. its icon was white and green. basically you listen to music, you click the share button, u choose the app, then u do one or two steps where you also get an adv which u simply click X for, and it downloads. the download occurs in the background.

anyone know what that app is? it's simply the BEST YOUTUBE DOWNLOADING APP EVER. no complications. not too many steps. it's straight forward.

I really want that app back >.< help please.
thanx.

awful just awful -_-
why would they not allow this? we can use download managers and several others standalone apps to download the music off the site or convert the clip we're watching to music.
it's like they're punishing us. you can't download it straight from us. you have to go through a series of steps to get it -_-
awful just awful -_-

it was a sweet app. rip :p

okay what's the next best one? and by next best i mean app that gets me music (thru w/e means even if i have to download the video) in the least amount of steps?!

Upvote 0
I'm guessing it's all a copyright / DMCA issue to help protect the rights and earnings of the artists and companies that write/own/produce the music, etc.

Lots of legit / copyright-compliant sources available like Google Play Music, etc. that you could use (we can only allow discussion of legit sources, etc., here at AF).

Cheers!

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
awful just awful -_-
why would they not allow this? we can use download managers and several others standalone apps to download the music off the site or convert the clip we're watching to music.
it's like they're punishing us. you can't download it straight from us. you have to go through a series of steps to get it -_-
awful just awful -_-
I don't think YouTube's terms of service have ever allowed downloading, at least in part for the reasons Scary has mentioned. That's why you have to use download managers or other apps rather than having a "download" button from YouTube itself - these are work-arounds to do something YouTube does not support. If you think that's awful, are you saying that they should not have the right to let you watch what you want whenever you want for free unless they also give you free copies as well? You see the problem.

And since Google own YouTube these days you would expect the Play Store to be sensitive to apps which violate these terms of service. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones