• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"YouTube has stopped unexpectedly" while using Pandora

TJFeeniX

Nov 21, 2013
I rooted my phone last month and used Autostarts to disable some seemingly unnecessary services. Ever since then, whenever I'm using the Pandora app, I repeatedly get the message, "The application YouTube (process com.google.android.youtube) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

To troubleshoot, I went through my Autostarts list and re-enabled the YouTube services and Pandora services I had disabled, to no avail. Today I uninstalled Pandora and did the "clear all data" first, then rebooted and reinstalled Pandora. Now, after doing that, when I start Pandora, I get the same error message, but I keep getting it after closing Pandora (which is a new behavior). If I manually end the Pandora service after closing Pandora, this error message stops showing up.

What can I do to fix this and still keep using Pandora?

***Correction: I realized that I had only set the system services back to their default states. However, some of the "default" states (as listed in Autostarts) are *disabled*. I went through and enabled everything, even those that are supposed to be disabled (according to Autostarts). Even after that, I'm still getting the error BEFORE starting Pandora! :( I don't know what else I can do, and now I think I must have messed something up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones