• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube HD from the EVO :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I did have the three videos for most viewed on the widget...

Now after I logged into my YouTube account through the app I'm getting the loading thing now...logged back out and get the three videos again...and the loading goes away...

Did reboot still nothing...but...I can click on the logo now and it opens up the app...weird...

Upvote 0
Ok...I did have the three videos for most viewed on the widget...

Now after I logged into my YouTube account through the app I'm getting the loading thing now...logged back out and get the three videos again...and the loading goes away...

Did reboot still nothing...but...I can click on the logo now and it opens up the app...weird...

Wow, same here... I don't really get that, but does anyone know how to fix this?

Upvote 0
Not sure if there's an easier way to do it but i have "astro folder manager" installed. (its in the Android marketplace) use it to find your "downloads" folder on your phone. This is all done on your phone. No pc necessary. Anyways look for your downloads folder. make sure look on your memery card and phone memory cuz I can't remember which mine was in. You should see a YouTube icon. Select it and you should be presented with either an update or install option (can't remember). It should install and replace your original youtube app. You have to go into the aps settings to have "high quality" as default.

thanks man.. did this and it worked perfectly. took me less than 5 mins

Upvote 0
I downloaded on my DI, then used astro, upgrade.

Works great, but there's an annoying problem that was in the first MD (moto droid) build...

The main youtube screen DOES NOT REFRESH the videos. Last time I used youtube was 6 days ago on the phone, and all videos are 6 days old.

Same after a reboot.... uninstalling here.

Yup, after removing the apk (upgrade), it's back to normal and has todays top videos. Good try OP! I wonder if it will behave the same on EVO?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones