• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Youtube help

Have you not tried the one click tool on this section, its so easy to use.

I have seen and read it, but just to be extra safe I started a thread to request for steps lol ><

Anyways, I've resolved to root using that way now, but I might as well ask one more question right? xD''

Does the requirement for rooting using those steps only require you to have a Desire of HBOOT 0.80 and below, and it doesn't matter what build, what software number, what kernel version you have and whether or not your phone is unlocked and unbranded?

Apparently I have a really wierd Software number, 1.20.751.5 CL171460 release-keys..... (was asking in another thread)

My phone isn't carrier locked and isn't branded yet has pre-loaded apps not from HTC?

Upvote 0
I have seen and read it, but just to be extra safe I started a thread to request for steps lol ><

Anyways, I've resolved to root using that way now, but I might as well ask one more question right? xD''

Does the requirement for rooting using those steps only require you to have a Desire of HBOOT 0.80 and below, and it doesn't matter what build, what software number, what kernel version you have and whether or not your phone is unlocked and unbranded?

Apparently I have a really wierd Software number, 1.20.751.5 CL171460 release-keys..... (was asking in another thread)

My phone isn't carrier locked and isn't branded yet has pre-loaded apps not from HTC?

You should have no problems using that tool, just don't be tempted by the OTA froyo m8.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones