• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube links not opening in Youtube app

admile3

May 19, 2010
Whenever I try to open up a youtube link, such as on Facebook, it takes me to the mobile youtube page, as opposed to opening the youtube video within the youtube app.

I checked to make sure the App Association was set to "youtube app", and not "internet", but it still doesnt seem to work.

I saw over on XDA that the fix was to toggle the App association into "internet" then back to "youtube app" and do a reboot, but I've done that twice (once with a hard reset, and once with a shut-down then turning it back on) with no luck.

Any other suggestions? Is it because I'm trying to launch the links from the Facebook app? Or is it possibly because I'm using the Nova launcher?

Another suggestion is to go to settings then apps, then click on all. Look for browser then select it, then press the clear defaults button.

try launching the you tube link and see if it prompts you to launch the you tube player or the browser.

remember, this applies if you have the default browser set as the default application. If for example you have chrome installed and that's what launches,then select chrome rather than browser.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones