1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Youtube Login With Yahoo Account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Deleted User, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hello, first of all I am a brand new Android user, just got my Nexus 5 today. So being that, I am completely new to this. I tried to set up my Youtube account in the Youtube app but it doesn't work. I have two youtube accounts. One is my Gmail account and that works just fine, but I never use it for Youtube. I have been using Youtube for a very long time and because of that my main account is still linked with my Yahoo email. This is not a problem at all when I am using my mac. I can easily switch between my gmail and yahoo Youtube accounts. But when I try to log into the Youtube app with my Yahoo account it says the name and password don't match. What is going on?

I do apologize if this is a duplicate thread or an answer has been found. I tried searching through the forums but couldn't find the answer. Thanks again

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Do you have a Yahoo account on the phone? Can you log in through a browser set as desktop, or through Yahoo itself?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

When I try to log in through browser I get the same thing. It won't let me do it anymore

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Try setting the browser to desktop rather than mobil. I use desktop for all since mobil leaves out a lot of links and other stuff I want.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Can't you just make a new Google account, then on a PC migrate your old Yahoo! account to that? I used to have a Yahoo! account on Youtube as well, but eventually linked it to use a Google account. Lost nothing in the process. It was basically just a change in primary email.