1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

YouTube playback

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MalekeT, Oct 3, 2014.

1. MalekeT

MalekeT Newbie

Is there any way to play videos at a higher resolution? For some reason the 480p option has disappeared.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

hmmm.... very true.... I would not have noticed since this phone does not have a high res and with small screens hi res is unnoticeable through my eyes.. you can always downgrade the youtube app to one that offers higher if it did before you updated last

3. MalekeT

MalekeT Newbie

I can tell the difference between 360 and 480p on this phone for sure! I had already tried using the 5.7 version, it only shows auto, 144, 240, 360. It's really weird that 480 isn't there since the phone's resolution is 960x540.

4. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

remember not only is there a resolution gap but a bandwidth gap, the 480p allows for much more bitrate allowing for a better picture. Unfortunately My initial searches have yielded little results in youtubes player not supporting resolutions on other devices.

5. ricksz

ricksz Newbie

I think it may depend on the video.

Attached Files:

6. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

I tested on videos I knew had hd. which video did you use? i can check what streams its offering.

7. ricksz

ricksz Newbie

8. ricksz

ricksz Newbie

It's really odd. Today I can't find any video on YouTube that gives me the option of 480p.

9. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

Weird.. my original 720p video ive been reusing that does not give me 480p has all the same video modes as the alabama 3 MV except the MV has an added 1080p video stream. However something else that the app is testing for is clearly changing the options from execution to execution.

10. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

The changing in resolutions available may have something to do with your bandwidth / signal strength? Not sure, just a thought of what might be making things change.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews