• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube player

willsp28

Aug 18, 2019
on my tv box YouTube plays videos with whats called a compact player i think, all it has is a channel button on the bottom left of the screen and a menu button, i want the one that has skip back and pause on the screen, and since im using a TV box i want the tv version of the app

here's what my player looks like with the official YouTube app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-013221.png
    Screenshot_20210204-013221.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
is your buttons on the bottom or on the side, because i like to have the official tv version so i can hit the back button to get to the menu to open subscriptions, home, or library, instead of having the mobile version where that stuff is on the bottom and you have switch to mouse mode to get to them

Upvote 0
is your buttons on the bottom or on the side, because i like to have the official tv version so i can hit the back button to get to the menu to open subscriptions, home, or library, instead of having the mobile version where that stuff is on the bottom and you have switch to mouse mode to get to them

After a bit of digging in my box, in the App Drawer, I've actually got 2 YT apps, the one I posted, and the one that looks like yours, that doesn't have on-screen PLAY/PAUSE, PREV and NEXT. But I always use the PLAY/PAUSE, PREV and NEXT buttons on the remote zapper that came with the box, as well as the IR blaster app on my phone. No need for me to switch to mouse mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones