• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

youtube problems with htc incredible

mizjia86

Lurker
May 10, 2011
Both my sister-in-law and I are having problems viewing videos on youtube. When using the YouTube app it would play a part of the video then say the video could not be played. If we use desktop view the videos will keep freezing. Sometimes it will pause and we can't get it to resume. I was advised to update my phone to Android 2.2 and so we did. But still no success. It's actually slower than before!! Is anybody experiencing the same thing? Or anyone know what we should do?

Hi

The Youtube app gets mixed reviews. I found it did what you say or didn't play at all because the video wasn't adapted for the mobile site. I uninstalled and re-installed and that helped with the streaming issue a lot so you could try that.

I now use the full youtube site rather than the app.... much better

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones