1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support youtube sign in error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flippy1974, Sep 17, 2010.

1. flippy1974

flippy1974 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I sign in to youtube just fine and it works great and can upload fine but i keep get a sign in error in the notification bar and it wont take any password.

Advertisement

2. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Airline refueler
    TC, Minnesota
    I too had this problem long ago when I got my X. If you notice when it asks you to enter your password it says youryoutubename@youtube.com as if it is an e-mail. What I ended up doing, if I remember right, was go to settings->accounts and when in there i think it showed a youtube account. I removed that and then I had never had an issue again.

I won't be 100% sure being as it was like a month and a half ago, but try that

flippy1974 likes this.
  3. CCCC

CCCC Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    This too has happened to my phone a few times now. Will try the method above.

4. flippy1974

flippy1974 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I did that to and it signs u out of youtube and as soon as u sign back in it comes right back.

5. tannere

tannere Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Airline refueler
    TC, Minnesota
    Hmmmm, then I dont remember what I did. I'm signed in on mine, but its not showing up under my accounts. I wish I could remember what exactly it was I did. If I toy around with it more today and figure it out, I'll tell you

Its weird though cuz now I cant even sign out of mine to try and log back in. And when I go to 'add an account', youtube doesn't even show up. So now you all really have me wondering what i did so I can help you out