• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube stock app question

bradm23

May 3, 2010
I love watching youtube in high quality however when I'm on 3g it gets pretty annoying always waiting for it to load every 30 sec or so. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to have it buffer longer in the beginning so that it won't pause like it does?

I love watching youtube in high quality however when I'm on 3g it gets pretty annoying always waiting for it to load every 30 sec or so. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to have it buffer longer in the beginning so that it won't pause like it does?

Are you seeing this on all videos or just some?
May not be Youtube or your phone, it could just be the size or quality of the videos.

I too find some vids that are just unwatchable...

Upvote 0
To bad there isn't an option. I would want to wait longer in the beginning for it to buffer than have to wait in the middle. Over wifi its very sweet.
Most videos I watch can go about 3 min then stop and load but just now it was every 30 sec. It prob also has to do with signal strength.

Upvote 0
To bad there isn't an option. I would want to wait longer in the beginning for it to buffer than have to wait in the middle. Over wifi its very sweet.
Most videos I watch can go about 3 min then stop and load but just now it was every 30 sec. It prob also has to do with signal strength.

Yeah I agree, it is frustrating!!
It would also be nice if they categorized their vids as "recommended 3G", "WiFi", etc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones