• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube video doesn't work on Dolphin browser

umby75

Dec 12, 2011
Hi! Happy new Year!
New year. ..new problem!!
Who can give me a help to fix my issue on Dolphin browser? When I go on youtube website through this browser now it doesn't open the window anymore to select the preferred app to play the media (i used to select youtube app).
And if I want to watch the media on Dolphin I listen audio but the video is corrupted..
Thank you in Advance!!!!

Thank you for your help!!!

@acdodd
The problem occurs not for each movie, but for example this media to url link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKyJzXDWaU4 Dolphin doesn't show correctly but corrupted. For me would be enough get the window to select the preffered app to play (f.e.YouTube) as I said some post on.
I think that I have the Flash Player installed on (i have an icon called Flash Player settings into Apps menu) because I can open others media files...

@dada1988
I don't think that it's a installation problem otherwise I couldn't open each file...

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help!!!

@acdodd
The problem occurs not for each movie, but for example this media to url link:
Dolphin doesn't show correctly but corrupted. For me would be enough get the window to select the preffered app to play (f.e.YouTube) as I said some post on.
I think that I have the Flash Player installed on (i have an icon called Flash Player settings into Apps menu) because I can open others media files...

@dada1988
I don't think that it's a installation problem otherwise I couldn't open each file...
That video does fine in Dolphin.

First, uninstall your Flash, it's likely not supported.

Next, turn on Jetpack in Dolphin.

Download this supported Flash -

http://dolphin.com/lab/en

And change your settings to always have flash player on under web content.

Upvote 0
That video does fine in Dolphin.

First, uninstall your Flash, it's likely not supported.

Next, turn on Jetpack in Dolphin.

Download this supported Flash -

http://dolphin.com/lab/en

And change your settings to always have flash player on under web content.

i have the flash set to always on. i downloaded the latest flash from the link you posted. still freezes if i click a link or attempt to search anything. any suggestions? im using a tf300t with CM 10.2.1. update: im using desktop mode

Upvote 0
I had some issues with dolphin freezing on me,etc sometimes with videos. I did my own little test downloaded 8 of the too browsers and tried the same 3 websites. Dolphin loaded faster than anybody but had its issues. I use cm browser and chrome 50/50. CM has less bugs issues but chrome has been issue free for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones