• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube video playback

varsfx

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
Hello,
I am having issue with HTC Sensation XE Youtube application video playback.

Basically, the latest version of the app ( which was release BEFORE I got the phone ) is causing video to stutter for about 3-4 seconds and then next 3-4 seconds it plays it slightly faster than normal ( a little bit like fast forward ), this usually happens when I flip the phone sideways for widescreen, I didn't notice suttering in small window.
After doing factory reset, nothing has changed, however, the default ( unupdated ) Youtube app does not stutter during the video playback, but it DOES cause a lag when i bring up the timeline bar.

It seems like via Internet browser video playback is fine, although it feels a bit sluggish too. Maybe it's just the feeling because of these issues...

Is it fixable/known issue or should RMA the phone?
Note : I did not notice any stuttering in fullscreen before ( when I got the phone and updated the apps )

Edit:
I did update Flash player too - to no avail.
Having no apps installed don't help either. ( after factory reset )

I did some Quadrant and Linpack benchmarks

Quadrant scored a little bit higher than benchmark done on Youtube ( in German )

Linpack was about 1.54 - 1.58 seconds and in some cases 1.60+ ( 1.64 seconds ) and with error in precision result.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones