• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

youtube won't work... I think I screwed up...

Playing around with my phone I have removed a bunch of applications I didn't think I needed, I'm wondering if I actually did need one of them...

Here's what's happening: I open my browser (DolphinHD) and navigate to youtube.com and pick any video. when I click on the video it won't play, instead I get an error dialog which says "Select an action - No applications can perform this action."

If I DID delete the necessary application, what application was it? and how do I get it back?

In case it matters, I'm running a rooted android 2.1 on a TELUS motorola milestone.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

well, as it turns out, I was right, I deleted an app I needed. Unfortunately, some brainiac decided that apps pre-loaded on your phone don't need to be in the market, making it very difficult to FIX this problem.
I did eventually find a copy of the APK through various google searches, and now I have the YouYube App again, and all is good with the world... or at least that particular problem...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones