1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

YouTube

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by HiPaul, Nov 6, 2008.

1. HiPaul

HiPaul New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    can someone explain why youtube looks terrible on the G1. to be honest, i can't even use it at all. is there a way to watch it in "high quality" like on real youtube. i absolutely hate to say it, but it looks a lot better on the iphone

Advertisement

2. cred05

cred05 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I've not had any problems. Are you using the youtube application or going to the site in the browser?

3. HiPaul

HiPaul New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    it just seems VERY pixelated.

4. mightykc

mightykc Member

Oct 21, 2008
    I've heard that the only way to get good video quality is to use wifi. 3G is decent quality and edge is terrible

5. jcott28

jcott28 Member

Nov 4, 2008
    This is what I've read as well. Apparently there must be some sort of code in the youtube application (when you open youtube in the browser I believe it just uses the youtube app, so that's not a workaround) that dumbs down the video when using the 3g/edge services. I imagine it has something to do with limiting the bandwidth.

It's unfortunate, but tmobile must have had something to do with it.

6. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Youtube looks very good and no problems with it at all. I will check my settings and try different ones also and see what happens.

Larry

7. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Just whatever
    H-Town, sucka!
    I've noticed this too with some videos, not all though. I'll try it over a WiFi connection as recommended above and see what happens. Thanks!

8. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

Why would your connection have anything to do with it? It is downloading the video and playing/streaming it - are you telling me Google has 3 versions of the video stored on its servers? 1 for Edge, one for 3G and one for Wifi?

I do not think so.