1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips You've Gotta Laugh

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rozel, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2011
    UK
    Over the past two weeks my wife has been complaining about her SGS2 in that every time she makes or receives a call, after taking it away from her ear, sometimes the screen does not come back on. The other day she used her phone to make a call to one of those numbers asking you to select different numerical options.

Talk about being frustrated! When I got home she laid into me saying her phone was a complete load of old rubbish, not fit for purpose and slung it at me.

After playing around with a few settings - I have the same phone and got her to check my screen display settings, to make sure they mirrored mine, I noticed something.......

Two weeks ago we were in Windsor and she bought herself a Girlie-Pink phone case (a clam-shell design) and the fastening strap was bent over the screen when she had it open - for example when she makes a call.

I asked her to answer a call from me so I could see what effect her screen was having during and after a call and lo and behold, right enough, the dangling strap was covering the proximity sensor!!! Well I howled for over a couple of minutes! Her response? "Well I didn't know!" the phone is now her pride and joy once more lololol!

Advertisement

ironass likes this.
  2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    I blame you for that rozel! :girlhit:

(No particular reason for blaming you... it just saves a lot of time if you accept the blame straight away! :banghead:)

3. 3ss3nc3

3ss3nc3 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Sydney
    I once had a person say I sold them a terrible phone which had low sound... turns out they had sticky taped their phone number over the top of the speaker hole. Almost killed myself. lol