• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Z Fold 3 list of issues

TheGios

Lurker
Sep 2, 2015
1. Whats App Business does not synchronize in the Samsung contacts app: for each contact I have the options to call / chat via Whats App but not via Whats App Business (as for my Xiaomi and Pixel).
2. Facebook from the settings does not set a notification sound other than the preset one.
3. I can't set the screen to light up when receiving notifications.
4. I can't set a notification as priority: if I long press a notification I have the options Silent and Alert but not Priority.
5. When I connect in bluetooth with the car (Nissan Qashqai) the phone book synchronizes all contacts EXCEPT favorites.
6. I have two SIMs, but when I make a call from Android Auto to a contact with a non-preset SIM, the Android Auto dialer stops responding because it doesn't know which sim to use. I have to unplug the phone from Android Auto and at that point the phone asks me which sim to use

A little drastic a solution and an answer that does not really help...

its a solution nonetheless. many of your issues are phone specific. you also did not post up any troubleshooting steps , if any, that you did prior to posting. your post was void of any data so how do you expect people over the internet to fully understand your concerns and try to help? remember we cant see your phone and how its setup.

your first line of defense is to reach out to the samsung. see if they can give you some intel. reach out to nissan and ask specific questions about your phone and how it connects to your model car. have you tried to sync your phone up to another vehicle? was your prior phone a samsung? or are you an iphone convert? many things need to be found out if you want any of us to help.

your post also looks like you are complaining and not really wanting to figure things out.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
I wrote it: I also have a Pixel and a Xiaomi.

1. WA Bus is syncing fine with Pixel and Xiaomj that both uses Android Contacts. If I install Google Contacts on the fold3, WA Bus syncs fine. So it is obviously a Samsung Contacts issue. Maybe someone could install WA Bus and verify.

2. Seems same problem on Pixel and Xiaomi so yes it's a Face issue.

3. It's obviously a fold3 issue, maybe it's not possible, maybe it's hidden somewhere in the settings: maybe someone can help here.

4. Priority notifications are an Android 11 feature: Xiaomi does not implement it, Pixel does. For the fold3 maybe it's not possible, maybe it's hidden somewhere in the settings: maybe someone can help here.

5. If I connects my car with Pixel and Xiaomi all Contacts are synced, so it's obviously a fold3 issue. I will test once I find a friend with AA. If anyone using AA could test it's very much appreciated.

6. I had the same problem with Xiaomi, so it's probably an AA issue, but I was asking here in order to get feedback from other users.

Upvote 0
I would suggest installing the Samsung Members app. Once logged in, you have a vast community of users - along with Samsung engineers - who can likely help you with every issue you're experiencing. Samsung doesn't monitor Android Forums... but they do monitor the Members app, IF you have a unique issue that can be duplicated, your information may help lead to a fix.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
4. Priority notifications are an Android 11 feature: Xiaomi does not implement it, Pixel does. For the fold3 maybe it's not possible, maybe it's hidden somewhere in the settings: maybe someone can help here.

Maybe Samsung doesn't implement it either? I've got a Note20 Ultra with Android 11, and the only thing I can find that even mentions anything like this is in the Developer settings, "Adaptive notification priority", which can be toggled ON or OFF.

Notifications I've always just set to ALERT, SILENT, or OFF completely. Depending on what app it is, and if I want to hear or see notifications from it.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Does anyone else experience a "double assistant" with Android Auto? When I press the steering wheel button or say "hey Google", there's a double prompt noise, almost on top of each other. If the assistant is saying something, both assistants start a few milliseconds apart but then sync into a single voice. I'm bewildered by what could be causing it!

Attachments

• AndroidAutoDoubleAssistant.mp3
    345.5 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
Here are some other issues I've noticed:

1- Google Assistant is way too sensitive and thinks I'm saying the hotword when I'm saying nothing even close. "I'm taking the dogs for a ride to the store" doesn't sound anything like "okay Google"... apparently Google thinks it does, because I'll get that prompt sound from my phone, in the holster.

2- Speakerphone volume is sometimes so low that my ear is almost on the phone, trying to hear it.. it's almost like having the call on the earpiece!

As I think of the others, I'll list them...

Upvote 0
In addition to Google Assistant being doubled up on Android Auto, it also can't distinguish the word "Google" from a grunt, dog growl or "hey Babe". I think I emitted a fine Navy belch and... bloop! Google voice prompt pops up! For a dog growl! It's not Google because the Darling Bride's Note 10+ doesn't have this problem. Any hints?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones