• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

z fold 3 screen protector wore out

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    so mine started to separate right where the crease is. so now the crease used to be not noticeable, until now. i went to my Samsung experience store and i had to either wait up to 4hrs nearby for walk-in help or wait for 2 weeks for an appointment. i opted to wait 2 weeks as it is not really a pressing need.....just sucks is all.

anybody else's protector wearing out like mine is?

so i had originally scheduled an appointment with the Samsung Experience guys and it was 2 weeks from the time i went in. fast forward to this week. i realized that i was supposed to be scheduled to bring my phone in. the only thing is that i never got a confirmation email so i failed to write the date and time down. i called them three times and left a message. no one returned my call. i went on their website and could not find my appointment.....so i scheduled another one except this time it allowed me to schedule an appointment to a Best Buy that was near me. i guess Best Buy is an approved Samsung repair place.

so i go in today and they looked at my screen. the problem is that they do not have the screen protector to replace it. luckily i have their Total Tech membership there. with Total Tech they give you a 2 year protection and because of it, they told me that they would just give me credit and i can use that to get a new phone.

so now i am rocking a Z Fold 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just had to pay a little extra due to taxes.

Upvote 0
    You probably know this, as you are a "phone enthusiast", but in case not, when you unfold and fold, you are not supposed to push on your screen as you fold it. You are supposed to push at the bezel or case while folding. I was watching a Youtube video where a guy was getting a black line the length of his phone. I saw him pushing down on the fold with his thumb when folding.

Danny

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    You probably know this, as you are a "phone enthusiast", but in case not, when you unfold and fold, you are not supposed to push on your screen as you fold it. You are supposed to push at the bezel or case while folding. I was watching a Youtube video where a guy was getting a black line the length of his phone. I saw him pushing down on the fold with his thumb when folding.

Danny
    yep i do know this. but my fold 3 just had a lot of wear tear. i use my phone a lot mostly as a flashlight when i am working. i setup and maintain aquariums. and when i am underneath cleaning the filters and such usually there is no light. the fact that i can prop the phone up and aim the light to where i want, makes my job so much easier. with the fold 3, there was a few times where i knock the phone into the sump underneath a tank getting the phone wet. i think this is what caused the phone's protective screen to come undone at the crease.

i did hear from the tech at Best Buy that this has been a common thing with the fold 3. he immediately to told me that i could get another fold 3 or get credit and apply that to the fold 4 which is what i did. i am currently very happy with the fold 4.

Reactions: sachertorte
    Upvote 0
    yep i do know this. but my fold 3 just had a lot of wear tear. i use my phone a lot mostly as a flashlight when i am working. i setup and maintain aquariums. and when i am underneath cleaning the filters and such usually there is no light. the fact that i can prop the phone up and aim the light to where i want, makes my job so much easier. with the fold 3, there was a few times where i knock the phone into the sump underneath a tank getting the phone wet. i think this is what caused the phone's protective screen to come undone at the crease.

i did hear from the tech at Best Buy that this has been a common thing with the fold 3. he immediately to told me that i could get another fold 3 or get credit and apply that to the fold 4 which is what i did. i am currently very happy with the fold 4.

Freshwater or Salt Water?

Danny

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones