• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Z3 Compact changes settings by itself

BloodyMezzo

Lurker
Jul 19, 2015
First post here. I have a Z3 Compact that is about six months old. I'm currently on android 5.0.2 which I think is the current version?

Lately my phone has been acting really weird. It has happened now and then that it starts playing music on its own in my pocket (the tracks that come with the phone, I don't use my phone for listening to music). But more than anything it's changing the settings by itself. It changes the screen brightness and turns on flashlight, bluetooth, flight mode and so on so that all of a sudden nobody can reach me. My wife says shes gonna buy me an iphone if I don't get this sorted out immediately, and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

First I assumed it could be the touchscreen being to sensitive when the weather is hot and moist and that it caused it to wake upp in my pocket. So I dissengaged double tap, so that I would need to open up the phone with a physical button, but it didn't help. :( Help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones