• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root z4 and easyroot problems

fizzoyster

Lurker
Feb 13, 2011
I am attempting to root the easy way. I first downloaded easyroot clicked the root me button, and it said my phone was rooted. However, any apps that required root function said that i did not have root access. then when i opened up easyroot again, it was as if i had never run the root. i had the exact same problem using z4 root. i have a droid x and using system version 2.3.340 and android version 2.2.1 if that helps any. im not very savy with cellphone tech. help please?

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! I follow all instructions, and it seems to work so quickly for everyone else, but when I run the z4 program, it goes thru a few motions as normal, but when it gets to the "acquiring root shell" stage, it sits for about 30 secs, then the program closes. If I try to reopen, it force closes again and I end up having to restart my phone because its moving extremely slowly at that point.

I have also tried wiping the phone and starting fresh, but got the same results!

Someone please help!

you can email me at ian.brooks123@gmaill.com

Upvote 0
Posting email addresses in forums only guarantees you'll get spam. ;)

My recommendation: install z4root, then reboot and try to root as soon as you can get z4root to start, preferably while you're still getting sd card notices. You should be able to root within a minute or two that way. O/w plugging into your computer and changing the usb connection mode once a minute or so helps too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones