1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Z4 Owners

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chappie, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Chappie

Chappie Well-Known Member

Does anyone else own a Z4 Tablet on here ?

2. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

I do!

I just got the LTE version last week. Absolute power house tablet and the design is excellent.

My last android tablet was an Asus tf300 and it felt like a roof tile compared to thos thing!

3. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

Early impressions after a week are good.

Ergonomics of the tablet are great. Excellent portability due to thickness and weight.
    The screen is the best I've seen on an android device. Super accurate colours and great screen resolution.
    Viewing angles are great too.

Haven't put it under water yet but I'll try it soon.

Cons at this point are the battery life isn't as good as expexted and the ambient light sensor doesn't work too well. Two things that function great on my Xperia Z2. Hopefully a software update fixes those issues.

4. Chappie

Glad you like it, I dont think mine is going anywhere near water tbh

5. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

Finally have it set up completely with all my apps, and customisations, etc.
    Working great and am especially enjoying the screen while using it for ps4 remote play.. Much nicer than on my phone's smaller screen.

I gave the underwater use a go and it's fine, cannot believe they managed to waterproof the USB port.. Amazing feat in engineering. If an ipad was capable of that it'd be on the 6 o'clock news for a week straight!!

Even though it's not cheap, it's easily hands down best tab available at the moment running a mobile OS.

6. Chappie

Dont you need any plugs in the ports then?
    Earphone or USB port?

7. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

The usb port is waterproof and needs no cover, much like on the Z5 phones. Sony recommend letting it dry before sticking a charging cable back in it though.

The sim card/sd card slot are covered by a waterproof flap.

Earphone jack has been waterproof ever since the xperia Z1 phone.

8. Chappie

Cheers Biancoeleste.
    First time iv'e owned a Sony tbh

9. biancoceleste

biancoceleste Member

No worries.

I'm also still fairly new to Sony devices. The waterproofing is an attractive feature to me, more so with the phones but with this tab I can use it in the kitchen and not have to worry about having pristine clean hands :)

10. AdamRG123

AdamRG123 Lurker

Im a HUGE Sony fanboy, I love their devices, Currently I have the Z5 as my Main device and it is a beast, its Fast, responsive, the screen is amazing and the camera Is just... its out of this world. I also have the Sony smartwatch 3 which pairs nicely with my Z5 and always keeps me updated. I also recently got the Z4 tablet and it is also one of my favorites, You guys have kind of listed it all but it just is a really amazing device. all of my devices are waterproof and have definitely been tested, they all hold up pretty well i have never seen any signs of water damage or anything like that, its just amazing what Sony can do.

Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews