1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Z5 Dual Sim - doesn't work as I thought it will

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NewbieUK, Mar 13, 2016.

1. NewbieUK

NewbieUK Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    I got Xperia Z5 Dual Sim Card phone. I'm on UK network. If I use both sim slots with the same provider, one of the slots stops working immediately. Shows no signal bars whatsoever. As soon as I use two different sim cards from different providers, both work fine. I called my network provider, but they state it's a phones fault.
    Has anyone experienced anything like that?

Advertisement

2. shadowfalx

shadowfalx Lurker
    None

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Does the provider have 2G? Because one SIM sticks to 2G, the other can be 3G/4G.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Could be it.

OP, what carriers are you using? I know that 3 UK doesn't operate a 2G GSM network, they're 3G/4G only. Presumably this Sony is an import from Asia, because you can't usually buy dual SIM phones in the UK.

#3 mikedt, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  4. NewbieUK

NewbieUK Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    I think you can be right... I bought it on Ebay and was sent from China

5. NewbieUK

NewbieUK Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    But I am still confused.... Top left of the screen usually shows number 2 and 3. I presume that could be 2 and 3g symbols. But why when I swap slots using 3 carrier and Vodafone sims, both sim cards still work. It doesn't matter in which slots they are inserted, they work fine, as long as both of the sim cards are not from network 3.

6. cdl

cdl Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 4, 2010
    May I ask what ebay seller you bought it from? I bought the Z3 dual from www.mobicity.co.uk and paid via paypal as I wanted to rely on their payment guarantee. The transaction went fine and the phone is great but, since then, the company stopped offering payments via paypal and trustpilot has lots of negative feedback on them. Thanks

PS May I ask if you have the E6683 or the E6633 version? I think the difference is that the former supports additional frequency bands, which are however used in Asia only, so it shouldn't make a difference to users in Europe.

Also, does your Asian dual sim version support Qualcomm's quick charge like the European versions do? Thanks a lot!