• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zagg screen protector

I bought one when I bought my Captivate. It took me a few days to install the thing, so by now I've used my phone both with and without the screen protector. I can certainly notice it's there. It refracts the light a little funny, and my fingertips make more smudges on the Zagg than they did on the screen.

I can't complain about the lifetime replacements, though.

Upvote 0
It's free for a replacement but you need to pay shipping. I went through three on the same phone. I installed it perfectly each time but after a cpl of months a corner would start peeling up so I sent it back for the free replacement...but like I said...shipping was not free so keep that in mind. Outside of that it has kept my phone scratch free for over a year and a half....I'm living with it peeling off a cpl of corners AGAIN though. Sick of sending it back.
Not sure if other brands would peel as well...

Upvote 0
It's free for a replacement but you need to pay shipping. I went through three on the same phone. I installed it perfectly each time but after a cpl of months a corner would start peeling up so I sent it back for the free replacement...but like I said...shipping was not free so keep that in mind. Outside of that it has kept my phone scratch free for over a year and a half....I'm living with it peeling off a cpl of corners AGAIN though. Sick of sending it back.
Not sure if other brands would peel as well...

Useful to know. Thanks for your input!

Upvote 0
The peeling corner issue only occurs if you have the full body cover rather than just the screen cover and only for some phones. I have the HTC EVO and no problem at all. This cover has protected against everything imaginable.

I used to have an old Palm Pre, and I did have trouble with the corners peeling because I had the full cover. However, while the corner would peel, it would not cause the ZAGG to come off of the flat screen area.

Upvote 0
I got one for my LG Optimus V and there was a long scratch on the adhesive side and the cover itself was way small. It was about a full 1/8th inch smaller than the screen all the way around. I contacted Zagg and to get a replacement they required that I ship the screen protector (box and everything) back to them on my dime, then put a credit card on file with them so they could use it to ship me a replacement. Well....I bought the screen protector for $5 (used a $10 gift card that I got for free when I bought my phone) and it just didn't seem like a good deal for me to spend over $5 more to get a replacement. Besides, I didn't feel comfy putting my CC on file with a company that I had never dealt with before. So, I tossed it and got an Mbat brand screen protector and its been perfect. No reduction in touch screen sensitivity, glare or orange peel texture and its as slick as the bare screen.

Zagg, if a rep is reading this, just send someone a replacement for free. Why make people jump through hoops??? Afterall, your not replacing a phone, just a $15 screen protector.

Upvote 0
The peeling corner issue only occurs if you have the full body cover rather than just the screen cover and only for some phones.

Well then they shouldn't sell the full screen cover if it happens so often. Hit'n miss is unacceptable in my book and the Zagg Shields ain't particularly cheap.
Personally I like how it felt over my entire phone and I do think it cushioned the phone a bit besides keeping it from scratching.
If I wanted to cover/hide the entire thing I'd get an Otterbox or whatever they're called but I didn't wanna cover/hide over the entire phone. I like how a slim phone feels in my hand.
I doubt I'd go for the Zagg protector again...peels off all too often and having to keep paying to send it back negates the words "free replacement" in my book.
BTW...I do remodeling/building for a living for over the past 30 years so I think I know how to install something as simple as this Zagg protector so I KNOW it's not me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones