1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Zagg shield

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bazza, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Pyr0x64

Pyr0x64 Newbie

got my max coverage shield today too :)
    finished fitting it about an hour ago and tried to take some pics, but the light is terrible in here and i don't have my decent camera atm.
    you can still see how the material has that "orange peel" look though and the back of the phone is very glossy now lol

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ethereal

ethereal Newbie

do u have another couple by chance, this didnt work, thnx

3. Pyr0x64

Pyr0x64 Newbie

here's a 40% code that's still valid
    is6d4sj1

ethereal likes this.
  4. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

Put up more pics when you get the goods, guys. For those of us who are still undecided about it :)

do those edges get a bit dirty and frayed over time?

5. videonastie

videonastie Member

Thanks for the pics.

I've just received mine & I'm a little unsure whether to fit it or sell it on:thinking:

Would you say the Zagg shield interrupts with the smooth flow of the touchscreen on the Desire & make it harder to navigate, or is it just the same as before the application?

6. romek

romek Newbie

Just got my Zagg Maximum Shield today. Will be putting it on tonight (as it's not my first Zagg shield) I will let everyone know how it goes (with pics of course). :D

7. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

I personally dislike the glossy effect, quite a lot.

Also people I can understand protecting the screen, but to be fair, unless you tend to drop your phone every five seconds or put it in your pocket with keys, I can't wrap my mind around the full body coverage.
    Sure your phone will look brand new when you peel it off to reapply another one (fantastic) but that glossy effect just makes it look cheap and plasticy in the meanwhile. and I absolutely detest the feel of it, you can constantly feel those annoying corners!

Also that orange peel effect will never fade, and you'll always see it's there. At least I did.

I put my phone in my pocket, agreed sometimes in a neoprene cover when i'm going to a dusty environment or to the beach. But that's something that you'll probably have to do with that shield on too, as dust will get in it's corners or in some of the unprotected areas, or even the headphone jack.

also when your fingers are abit moist it will not slide easy. I had one of those on my old phone and the snow in the winter made that damn thing a btch to use and that moist makes the screen(protector) look horrible.
    It's not at all 'invisible', it's a very Visibleshield

And as far as crash protection goes, that shield is quite useless as it won't protect your phone one damn bit if your screen lands on something (your screen protector will survive tho! yay!)

Currently using a HTC screen protector on my desire, which you can not feel at all, it's very smooth and very easy to apply. Yes the htc screen protector might get some scratches on the protector after a few months. But who cares, buy a new one or use the second one that comes in the package.
    Seriously that's a way better option (at least for me) than feeling that ugly feel of the invisibleshield.

8. Pyr0x64

Pyr0x64 Newbie

i don't mind the look or feel of the invisible shield.
    what does bother me though is the rainbow-like colour distortions i'm noticing on the screen now when viewing pale backgrounds/images and websites. :( (never noticed it on my old touch diamond phone)

i might go for a plain screen protector instead...

anyone tried or seen any decent anti-glare ones anywhere?

9. lekky

lekky Lover

jiust applied mine, didnt get full body, just the normal one which i'm disappointed in, didnt realise it didnt cover the sides or top..

Also the screen has become way less sensitive, hoping that this is just because its still a bit wet under the skin. I'f not then this ma end up in the bin soon.

10. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

Nope it definitely stays more or less the same. Had a Samsung jet for a few months, was very easy to use the (plastic) screen without the protector but once applied it took me awhile to get used to the slight (but annoying) extra pressure needed, I found that swiping wasn't as easy anymore

11. Kendoji

Kendoji Member

I've ordered the Zagg screen protector, but I might not put it on when it arrives. The screen seems to be quite hard and durable, so as long as I take reasonable care of it I don't see it getting too scratched.

I really liked having Zagg stuff on my previous non-touchscreen phones - they are indestructible and are a solution to greasy finger marks. But they are pretty thick, don't think I can do it to my beautiful Desire screen!

12. zafonic

zafonic Android Enthusiast

After reading some of the posts on this thread i think i will stick with either a HTC or Martin Fields protector.

13. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, they are excellent on blackberry devices! (those without a touch screen) but for a touch screen my opinion is that the durable and indestructibleness of the shield just ruins the comfort of using the screen as an input device

14. lekky

lekky Lover

Sensitivity is back, think it was just the solution. Have the rainbow streaks when looking at white things, but i expect this will go over the 12-24 hours it says it takes to dry.

15. Pyr0x64

Pyr0x64 Newbie

mine still haven't gone :(

16. ilikepie

ilikepie Lurker

ive had mine on for over 24hrs and looks spot on, no streaks.
    the sensitivity was lacking at first but when dried fully its good but not as good as it was

im quite impressed as this is my first screen protector used, and yes it is quite thick compared to others i looked at on friends phones but the responce is slightly off but not enough that bothers me

only down side is it is 1mm to small around all the edges of the screen

17. bazza

bazza Newbie

Had mine on for three days and the back is amazing but the screen and small one round the buttons don't look so good. The screen although not having any air bubbles just looks too thick and the orange peel effect just ruins the look of the screen.
    I'm tempted to take the screen protector off and try again to see if that helps but it looks to me that it will stretch which will leave me with an overlap of the screen.

think i might just stick with the back protector on and take off the front two and replace the screen protector with a good quality one. This is my first experience of zagg and although they do as advertised they don't justify the cost (in my opinion).

Whats the point of having a fantastic phone and ruin the whole look and feel of it. In hindsight i would have bought a cheap silicone case that i could have taken off when i was using it, but it was there if i was putting it in my pocket, combine that with a decent screen protector and you would have a better combination.

Again all "in my opinion"

18. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard similar from other people and thats the reason I didnt buy it even tho I had a 50% off voucher. Im waiting on the HTC screen protector and a gel case which will do me fine.

19. lekky

lekky Lover

Still there for me :(

20. mr-mixalot

mr-mixalot Newbie

After reading all the comments on here I'm now not going to install mine, due to the orange peel effect, looks like I'm still waiting

21. psionguy

psionguy Member

Not impressed with the product or the company, there must be a better option out there. Interesting point it was sent from Manchester and not the USA (40p stamp) so they are also making an additional nice profit out of postage @ $3.50

22. lekky

lekky Lover

mr-mixalot did you steal my avatar?!! That's poor forum etiquette!

Sent from manchester? I think mine was sent from Germany.

I think the full coverage must have thicker protectors, the screen protector on mine (standard shield) isn't too bad.

23. dave2513

dave2513 Lurker

I've got a Zagg shield for my desire, just ashame i dont have the desire yet as everywhere is out of stock!! For anyone who does want a Zaggshield heres two 25% discount codes, can only be used once.

isaab1jb
    i3aa6pjd

24. ethereal

ethereal Newbie

i got mine today, as someone mentioned above from Manchester and not from US. Shield has scratch at the middle and is really very thick. I think this is not the best choice for screen protector so I have requested a complete refund immediately. What a disappointment, waited for almost one week.

25. Pyr0x64

Pyr0x64 Newbie

i emailed zagg regarding the rainbow distortions.
    they simply offered to replace or refund:

i'm still seeing the rainbow effect but haven't decided if i would like to try another or just simply get a refund....

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews