1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Zappos vs the competition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pastafarian, May 7, 2012.

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Been a long time Zappos customer. Because I have a odd size foot (13/14 EEE), they've been a refreshing change from going to a shoe store and choosing from the max 2-3 pairs that they have in stock. Zappo's didn't have exactly what I was looking for this time around, so I gave one of their imitators, shoebuy.com a try. I ordered a pair of shoes from Zappos and one from Shoebuy at approximately the same time before 9:00AM last Wednesday. The Zappos order was delivered the next afternoon. Shoebuy who claims same day shipping on orders before 9:00AM didn't even have shipping documentation till Friday, was picked up this morning and is scheduled to be delivered next Thursday. The only thing that came fast from shoebuy was several "free" offer emails. Talk about being outclassed!

Advertisement

Sharondippity and argedion like this.
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp

Thanks for the info. Were both pair reasonably priced?

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Pricing was relatively the same as it also was at Shoes.com. Shoebuy had a shoe that Zappos didn't. I was searching on all three sites. When you search for 13 and wide on Zappos and Shoebuy, you get only shoes that are available in that size and width. When you do the same search on shoes.com, you get shoes available in that size AND shoes that come in that width. Really frustrating to find a shoe then discover it's only available in wide width up to size 8. After this shopping comparison (that didn't start out to be), Zappos could charge significantly more that the other 2 sites and still be the better experience...but they don't!

argedion likes this.
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Female
    Masquerading as a responsible adult
    Jersey - born & bred
    I find that I'm willing to even pay a little more with Zappos because of the free shipping both ways. They are so easy to deal with and have a great selection of shoes for all sizes.

argedion likes this.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    My work shoes are impossible to find in stores so I always buy through Zappos. It's no wonder they have some of the best customer service relations of any online retailer.