• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kahroo

Android Expert
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
So I downloaded Zedge and it's not showing my ringtones.

The ringtones are stored on my SD Card. Anyone know why this is happening?

Also they are showing up in my Google Play Music. Which never happened before. This happened ever since I switched from the LG Optimus V to the ZTE AWE

Not familiar with Zedge, but apps in general look to their own folders usually located in /sdcard which on your device would be the internal storage. Instead of putting them in a folder called "Zedge" try renaming it "ringtones" and see if it shows up. A reboot of your phone might be necessary.

Or, a better solution might simply to move them to the new Zedge folder on the internal /sdcard partition.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
I'm confusing as to what you're trying to do. Zedge is for downloading new ringtones, etc. although you can set a ringtone directly from the app, the best way is still to go into android settings.

You probably just need to add .nomedia file into your Zedge folders to prevent them from showing up in Google Music.

Upvote 0
I'm confusing as to what you're trying to do. Zedge is for downloading new ringtones, etc. although you can set a ringtone directly from the app, the best way is still to go into android settings.

You probably just need to add .nomedia file into your Zedge folders to prevent them from showing up in Google Music.

What I am trying to do is get my ringtones that I have downloaded in Zedge on my old phone to show up in Zedge on my new phone. The Zedge app just shows up 0 Ringtones and 0 Notifications too.

Upvote 0
In my experience with Zedge, I've had very little luck carrying over older ringtones to new handsets. I find it easier to just look up the two or three I insist on having on my device. I'd simply jump ship if I knew of a service with as many choices since I don't like how aggressively their ads have been popping up lately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones